Derek Frigo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Frigo

Anybody here a fan of his style? For those unfamiliar, he was the original guitarist for 80's hair/glam band Enuff Z'Nuff. Unfortunately, he passed away a year or so ago.
    I think he was Kramer endorsee for awhile. Don't know if he ever played a Charvie/Jackson.

Re: Derek Frigo

Yes, I definitely dug Derek's style and his 1 hum BC Rich with the orange quilt top!
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

"Finger on the Trigger" off the 1st album is killer! Didn't know he had passed. I liked his tone/style too.

Comment

Plus the fact that "Fly High Michelle" got me laid! I was hanging out with this hottie at my apatment then I decided to play, what else, " Fly High Michelle" since her name was Meshell and the rest was bedsheets history! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] R.I.P. Derek Frigo. I owe you one man.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Plus the fact that "Fly High Michelle" got me laid!

[/ QUOTE ]
          Awesome! Your'e gonna think of that every time you hear that song until the day you die. Just don't tell your old lady what you're smiling about.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            Plus the fact that "Fly High Michelle" got me laid!

[/ QUOTE ]
            Awesome! Your'e gonna think of that every time you hear that song until the day you die. Just don't tell your old lady what you're smiling about.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Absolutely. Although she will definitely be the lucky recipient of such "good thoughts". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Didn't know much about him, but like Enuff Z'Nuff, and thought the guitar work was cool. Unfortunate that he passed away. I think it was 2004.
              www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Didn't know about his passing. I liked them when they first came out. "Fly High Michelle" didn't get me laid, but it was definitely in heavy rotation at the school dances!

I thought that video was cool, and I seem to remember seeing him with a holoflash Kramer Sustainer. Outstanding!

Comment

Holoflash - yes! He also had a black Baretta with the "lips" graphic on it, but his version had a cigarette hanging out of the lips. Very tasty player with interesting use of the whammy bar. Damn shame he's gone - never got to see him live.

Comment

seen him at a local club years back with E n E ,,bullet boys, quiet riot;bang tango, and a few others,,he sound great! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I seem to remember seeing him with a holoflash Kramer Sustainer. Outstanding!

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, i saw him hock that very guitar for crack. I was never a fan, but Vik was always very nice to me and Derek, while a complete mess, had a big heart. i think he idolized johnny thunders a little too much. heroin kills, kids.

sully
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Derek Rocked. Tone for days. His Enuff Stuff rocked but Lemans was even better
                        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

After EZN, he played with a band called Logan's Heroes.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            yep, i saw him hock that very guitar for crack. I was never a fan, but Vik was always very nice to me and Derek, while a complete mess, had a big heart. i think he idolized johnny thunders a little too much. heroin kills, kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sully, it never ceases to amaze me about the people you knew/know, and the things you've seen.

Comment

thanks, but there's nothing amazing about watching people (in some cases, ones you once looked up to) destroy themselves. i dunno man, there's plenty of people who have way better stories than i do, that's for sure. i was just in the place where a lot of it happened.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X