Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Derek Frigo

[ QUOTE ]
    but there's nothing amazing about watching people (in some cases, ones you once looked up to) destroy themselves

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man, didn't mean amazing in that sense. As a guy who's from a one horse farming community in bum friggin' egypt it's amazing to hear some of your stories because you WERE there. I know a lot of my friends and I during that time period wanted to be there, but knew there was no way in hell that would ever happen. I guess it's interesting that I can sit back and read something from someone who was there. Most of those stories give me the impression that sometimes fame isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

it's all good, no worries. i hope i didn't sound like a tool in my reply.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yes I am a fan of Derek Frigo but not a Enuff Z Nuff fan..NOOOOooooooooo WAY!

I liked his work with Lemans..and his solo on the 1981 Mike Varney's "unsung Heroes" albulm is great!..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          ......and his solo on the 1981 Mike Varney's "unsung Heroes" albulm is great!..

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice memory!
          Thats where I know the name from.
          Tho I proabably haven't listen to that record since 1981!

So I got no comment on his playin'....just wanted to agree with Bill

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
          Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

New Thing and Fly high are still some of my Favorite songs even almost 17 years later
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Enuff's first was their best and it all got gayer from there..their second "Strength" was ..OK....for the time.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                New Thing and Fly high are still some of my Favorite songs even almost 17 years later

[/ QUOTE ]

donny, that reminds me of a story:

scene: donnie's apt in LA when they were recording strength. lotsa people, everyone's loaded. i'm sitting on the couch, drawing tat designs on vic's arm (per his request. he liked my ace tattoo and august yammered something about how i drew the johnny crash album on his jacket. vic is smoking, and ashing onto the floor over the arm of the couch. unbeknownst to him, derek is passed out on the floor next to the couch. he's ashing ALL over the dude.

vic: are you into the band at all?
                me: honestly?
                vic: yeah dude, totally
                me: no, not really. i'm REALLY sorry man. but that fuckin' fly high michelle song drove me insane. i hate that song, man. i'm really sorry! i feel bad and all -
                vic: (laughing) hey, i asked! don't worry, it's cool.
                me (feeling bad and laughing a little): i'm sorry man.
                vic: it's cool. i hate that fuckin' song, too.

........end scene.
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That's awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Great story. To my understanding, Derek was consistently putting the band in a bad position with his "antics". I just got done listening to a bunch of demos of theirs, and Derek's style is impressive. What a waste that he's not around anymore.

Comment

yeah. vic was a REALLY nice guy. every time i ran into him, he either gave me some food or smokes. i felt really bad about hating that band. he's a really nice guy.
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Well he respects and LIKES your awesome and unbiased honesty...

hey, that's a great attribute.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

The image of Derek I'll always have is the Fly high Video with the Holoflash. I loved that shit.
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

heh....my image is of him sleeping on the floor, eyes wide open, wig askew, covered with ashes, and snoring like a dragon! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              wig askew

[/ QUOTE ]

So how many wigs were worn back in the day? Call me thick or kooky (your choice [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] naive backwoods fuck will work too [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]), but was that a common practice back then. Now, I'm not trying to be dick or plain stupid...I just figured most of the hair in hair metal back then was extensions/weaves.

Comment

Wig Askew.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X