No announcement yet.

Tony MacAlpine - Tears Of Sahara(Live)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony MacAlpine - Tears Of Sahara(Live)

The quality is not the best but it reinforces why he remains one of my favorites. Tony is phenomenal. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uce4V...ny%20macalpine
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Re: Tony MacAlpine - Tears Of Sahara(Live)

ohh yeahh that is fucking sweet mate!I have a bootleg of his from the same time period i would guess(same BC guitar-great axe!!i have a similar one with a maple neck)but on that he doesnt play a lot from the security album
    and on this he improvs like fuck-i love it when musicians do this and dont play it safe,he is on fire on this clip.thanks

Comment

very nice - thanks!
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

one ot the tastiest players around...that was very cool!

Vai should be playing rhythm for him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Very nice, thanks. I would like to see that one with GL!
          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, Vai should! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn, I could not agree more. Tony's ability to play such beautiful melodies at lightning speed is unmatched, in my opinion. Combine that with his amazing vibrato and killer arrangements and you are right, Vai should be working for him. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

that was cool!!!! how may strings were on that bass>>>?? [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I finally saw it Jimmy!!!..Great player ..Great tune..and I didn't even miss Lynch in it..maybe he would have botched it up now anywhoo..he's not doin' so good lately..George bummed me out when I saw him a couple months ago big time..

He nothing like Tony Macalpine..that guys is just smooth man!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I finally saw it Jimmy!!!..Great player ..Great tune..and I didn't even miss Lynch in it..maybe he would have botched it up now anywhoo..he's not doin' so good lately..George bummed me out when I saw him a couple months ago big time..

He nothing like Tony Macalpine..that guys is just smooth man!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read an article stating that Lynch is a huge fan of Macalpine's.

Comment

I was a huge fan of Lynch until a couple months ago.. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

I couldn't believe I was watching my old geetar heroe 14 feet from me..suckin' total ass...I had to leave!!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I bought Edge of Sanity in 85 and was a MacAlpine fan ever since...Greg Howe too..I have ALL their stuff!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Ok, Tony is one of those shredders I just never got into (too many players not enough time to check them all out)
                        when I saw G3 last year here in Boston he f'n ripped.
                        He's killing in this video.
                        Any one know when this is from? I notice my boy Mike
                        Mangini is playing drums here, but Phil isn't playing bass,
                        so I'm guessing it's not from a G3 gig.
                        I just watched the "Sammy Bones shuffle" vid and it looks like Mike is playing on that as well.
                        Funny Mike never talked about working with Tony.
                        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

It's pretty recent..I would have to say within' the last few years or so..the way he looks..

That's my guess.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

He always smoked..but seems to be getting even BETTER with time! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

what's a good cd to grab to get into him?
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

The first 1985 "Edge of Sanity" is a "classic" and a break through at that time..it was MY introduction to him..

It's THE best thing Billy Sheehan ever played on and the awesome Steve Smith on drumms..IMO!!!

I was hooked instantly..!!!!

My favorite two albums was his first two.."Edge of Sanity"..and the follw up..."Maximum Security"...which THIS song is on with george lynch as a guest on it.

just start with those..and go from there if you like what you hear!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X