Dark Angel "Black Prophecies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Angel "Black Prophecies"

This is one muther of a agressive tune. The drumming is wicked and the guitars are just as cool. I only have this one CD so I do not know how the later ones were but this tuned smashes some serious brain cells. The CD is "Darkness Descends"

Re: Dark Angel \"Black Prophecies\"

Dark Angel absolutely kills. Easily one of the best thrash bands out there, it is a real pity that they never really achieved high popularity. Darkness Descends is one of the few records out there that I can listen to all the way through without skipping a single track. Death Is Certain (Life Is Not) is one of the best headbanging tracks on that record, that snare just pummels you with that quick double bass under it.

Another interesting bit is how you can read the contrasting lyric writing styles on the record. Hoglan's lyrics are pretty much a full page (or in the case of Black Prophecies, 3 pages, [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) whereas Doty's lyrics are much more straight forward. That entire record is amazing and needs to be heard by anyone that considers themselves a metal fan.

The later records are much more complex with a ton of changes / alternate riffs / riffs. On Time Does Not Heal they have "9 songs, 67 minutes, 246 riffs!" written in the booklet, and that, in itself, is an achievement. Probably the only thing I don't like about the later records is Ron Rinehart's vocals, I simply prefer Don Doty's. They also are a bit slower on the last two records than they are on Darkness Descends, but as I said, much more technical.

Comment

I love Dark Angel. Jessica Alba is awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

She can cum over and thrash in my place any time she wants. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Both the band and the chick rule. Though, only one of them did Black Prophecies.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I simply prefer Don Doty's. They also are a bit slower on the last two records than they are on Darkness Descends, but as I said, much more technical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, although I like Ron a lot better on "Time" than "Leave Scars". They never quite made it back to the (very high) plateau that DD was on again - that album just clobbers you from beginning to end. I saw 'em three times on that tour, and they were awesome each time, too.

Oh, and Jessica Alba's mind-bendingly hot.
            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Don Doty just seems to have more of a classic thrash voice. Ron's voice is much more singing oriented, and he can't hit some of those songs with the proper amount of grit. Still a good vocalist though. I heard he's no longer able to sing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X