Iron Maiden - Aces High '99 - Adrian Jackson KingV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Maiden - Aces High '99 - Adrian Jackson KingV

Sorry if it's been posted before, but here's an Ed Hunter Tour video of "Aces High" from 1999, with Adrian Smith playing his black Jackson King V:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=iron+maiden

That's gotta be some of the messiest playing ever. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also, the new Maiden DVD ("Death On The Road") has a few shots of Adrian's tour guitars, including his famous black-pickguard white Jackson Strat and some reverse pointy head (couldn't see whether the logo said Charvel or Jackson).

Re: Iron Maiden - Aces High \'99 - Adrian Jackson KingV

Never get sick of that shit. I still think they should axe Janick. Three guitars is one too many IMO, I've tried it. If your doin music w/out all the gain, it's cool though. I just went back and relearned 22 Acardia Ave. and Hallowed Be Thy Name. Reminds me why I started playing in the first place [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Comment

Re: Iron Maiden - Aces High \'99 - Adrian Jackson K

An interesting thing to note in that video is that it is around the time they first had three guitarists. Adrian had just returned to Maiden but kept his drop-D tuning on his King V, and you can hear the low end during the first half of the verse riff. He plays it an octave lower than the normal guitar part.

Also regarding three guitars, the new live DVD has some really rich three-guitar harmonies on multiple songs.

I still have mixed feelings about Janick. He's sloppy when playing fast, but when he's forced to slow down, he can sound pretty damn good. Examples are "Blood Brothers" and "Wasting Love".

Comment

Fuck yeah!

Aces High has got to be the stickiest song ever created. Hear it one time in the morning, and I promise you'll go to bed with the riffs in your head.

It looks really funny how Murray and Harris have kept the early metal look and Adrian and Dickinson have more of a modern look.

Comment

Janick seems like a nice guy, and he's very active on stage, but I could quite happily live without him in Maiden - he's OK when he's playing structured parts, but as soon as he improvises......ewwwww!
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Janick may be a nice guy, but Maiden doesn't need him. Give him his DD-214 and call it a day. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh, how I long for the old days when I liked every song on every album of theirs. For me the last album like that was Powerslave. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I think they're better with 3 guitars. Like NOTP said, they have some cool arrangements and especially live it sounds great when adrian and dave can do their harmonies with janick backing them with the riff.
              Also Janick co-wrote Dance of Death which qualifies him to stay for as long as he wants IMO [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I agree his improvised soloing sounds a little weird, but I think that's what's great about 'em also, all 3 are very different which I believe is the reason the whole thing works!

Comment

Janick stole his pants from the group picture of Megadeth on So Far So Good So what.

Comment

damn do I love me some maiden. i never get tired of their stuff. awesome band

Comment

Jannick sucked when he replaced H and tried to be H. one one can do that, because H has such a unique and strong attack and L hand technique.

once they started writing for the 3 guitar parts, his playing improved tremendously. I still favor the old lineup, but I've seen them live now 3x since H came back and Jannick's playing has improved dramatically now that he can be himself and chime in over various parts of the songs. his improvising still sucks though, can't disagree with that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Janick is foolish. Every time I've seen Maiden with Janick I think to myself: "stop fucking dancing around like a fucking retard, and play the guitar". He might be a decent guitar player, but that jig dancing has got to go.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Kick ass video. I wonder why the bass drum had a skull with horns instead of Eddie's mug

Comment

I think that's the cover from the Purgatory single.....
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Kick ass video. I wonder why the bass drum had a skull with horns instead of Eddie's mug

[/ QUOTE ]

That clip was from the Ed Hunter tour (the reunion tour). That skull is one of the characters from the Ed Hunter game.

Comment

Working...
                            X