Weird, old Cradle of Filth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird, old Cradle of Filth.

I heard "The Forest Whispers my Name" a while ago, and thought it sounded really different. I had to special order the CD (that took forever and a fucking day). It is way cool. Any Cradle fans need this album, "The Principle of Evil Made Flesh". Way different sounding, very early. You can hear how much they've stayed the same, yet how much they've changed. It's cool to hear a different kind of vocal from Dani as well.

Good shit. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Weird, old Cradle of Filth.

Comment

I love 'em..saw them TWICE ..I have all their stuff!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

--------------------------------------------------------
      Inearthed...!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Are you sure you love the lamp ..or are you just pointing to things in the room and saying you love them"

"..I love lamp....I love lamp!!"

One of My favorite movies...John hates it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have the Vempire cd. Also worth a check out.

Comment

Me too!!

that's the rare one.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

it's not all.. that but it's cool to have if your a big COF fan like us!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I just wish turned down the screeching just a tad...I love that deep voice stuff he does..sounds cool as hell..

Their last live show with Moonspell and Type O- I saw RULED!!!!!

Moonspell was AWESOME..I bought a shirt and had Fernando sign it...it has a HUGE pentagram on it so it was calling my name!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Type O kinda sucked tho..I really like OR and BK...WCD is OK too..then they got weird!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Man I'm fuggin' BAKED!!! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Type O kinda sucked tho..

[/ QUOTE ]
              What, they were good in the first place?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the stage antics that they pulled for Midian were really fucking cheesy. All of the circus shit, viking chicks, etc. I'm really embarassed to be a COF fan when this shit comes around.

[ QUOTE ]

I just wish turned down the screeching just a tad...I love that deep voice stuff he does..sounds cool as hell..

[/ QUOTE ]
              Depends on the song. The best vocals where his voice is an instrument used in the best dynamic way he's ever done was "Her Ghost in the Fog". Absofuckinglutely incredible sounding in every aspect.

For those of you looking at getting into COF, I'd check out LoveCraft and Witchhearts. It's more or less a "Best Hits of Cradle of Filth" album, but it fucking kills. It doesn't include anything from Damnation and a Day or Nymphetamine, which isn't a terrible thing. I like their sound before those albums anyway. Nymphetamine has a cool sound to it, but there's something about the tracks on Lovecraft and Witchhearts that makes me feel like I'm in a Cathedral or Castle. Very haunting. Nymphetamine sounds like it's in a studio. Not quite so... Cradle. Damnation and a Day is a pretty good album as well. I would suggest listening to tracks 1-6 as an entire track. After that, the CD gets somewhat monotonous. Tracks 12, 14, 15, and 16 are okay, the rest are very dry to me.

Comment

"Her Ghost in the Fog"

My fave COF tune
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Man I'm fuggin' BAKED!!! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me three dude, me three!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

"The Principle Of Evil Made Flesh"
                    A young Nick Barker just plows through all of the tracks and if could only pick one COF album ,for me it would be this one. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I LOVED the "cheesy" show...I tought it was "cool".. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yes...I did!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My Kid thinks Nick Barker is the fat God of drums..I think he's right. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        My Kid thinks Nick Barker is the fat God of drums..I think he's right.

[/ QUOTE ]

The drum Buddah! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jiggle Jiggle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yI1g...=nick%20barker

Comment

Have you ever put a bowl of jello on the washer during the spin cycle?

Comment

Working...
                          X