Clear All

• Racer X!!

No, not our Ron, the other Racer X! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Scarified

Re: Racer X!!

Thanks for sharing! Awesome!

Comment

Now THAT'S a GREAT bass player...John Andrette!!!

John Andrette speaks my launguge!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

F BillY Sheehan!!!!!!.. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

That RULED then and RULES now.... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's the kind of music that makes me want to quit playing guitar and practice even harder all at the same time.

Comment

"That's the kind of music that makes me want to quit playing guitar and practice even harder all at the same time."

Exactly!!!

But you are better than you were two years ago...and you'll be better two years from now...so keep shreddin'!

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I had never seen or heard that before as far as I recall.. but, again, I was reading this Guitar One mag from 12/04.. there is Bruce Bouillet in the "Now and Then" column talking about Racer X and transcribing Scarified.

These guys were young. I never knew Bruce was a student of Paul Gilbert at MI for a month before he was asked to join Racers X. He quit and "got a Marshall"

The interview section on Scarified reads as follows;

"This was my first album with Racers X and we cut and mixed the whole thing in just under 5 days, so that left little time to mess around with the stuff. I remember Paul and me sitting in the studio, pretty much just handing the guitar back n forth; he'd play a part and then go, 'Here, harmonize this'. It was pretty much midnight till 6am cutting guitars. But at 19-20, who could ask for more? I remember hearing the album back in the headphones and going 'I can't believe I'm actually part of this'. For me, it was pretty advanced stuff, technically. But I was such a guitarhead at the time that I thought it was cool as hell. Paul and I were working on alot of insane guitar parts and harmonies, and I think it represents the most challenging writing and playing I've ever been a part of. Of course, I don't think I could play it today! Heck, the last time I played 'Scarified' up to tempo was probably 18 years ago!"

Comment

That was freaking awesome!

Bruce's solo owned.

All of them were/are great players. Its too bad they aren't still together (the original lineup that is, no offence to Paul who is a god in his own right).

Comment

Wow !!!!!they make it look so easy...

Comment

Thanks for sharing. That was hella cool!

Comment

Anybody wanna buy my guitars?! I'm done playing for good! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Man, that was incredible! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Now that's shredding! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

What the f**k is the axe Bruce is playing here? It looks like a cross between a Destroyer and an Iceman, perhaps he had some serious woodshop'ing on that lower horn to make it look like an Iceman...?

Comment

Very nice playing, and music I actually want to listen to.

Comment

I was fortunate to be at that show at the Omni in Oakland, CA. I saw them there twice and I think this was one of their last performances before Paul went on to Mr. Big. Racer X was definitely a turning point for a lot of guitarists. Seeing these guys live back then was amazing. Paul, Bruce, & John all brought guitar to a different level. Good times.

Comment

I remeber when that album "street lethal" first came out in '86...

I listened to that thing for a year straight non stop!

Paul was only 16 or so there...16!!!

I never new that Bruce was a student of Pauls..wow.

I actually liked Bruce's solo over Paul's on the First live Vol. 1 record...John's solo kicked my ass too..I like that little "whole lot of love" solo thing he did..that was really cool..and he does it so well !!!!

Scott Travis (Judas Preist)..that guys smokes..he REALLY gave JP a kick in the but on "Painkiller" when he joined..unfortunately at that time Metal was on the life support...

I never cared for Martin the singer in the earlier years..that was their weakest link I think..but he got much better with time..he was in a JP tribute..you could see that years later ...it really showed on "Super heroes"..there is moments he could pass for Halford.

Comment

Paul Gilbert was god then...and he still is. Awesome vid.

Comment

Working...
                              X