Racer X!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Racer X!!

Wow, that bassist kicks ass! He's using fingers for that shit too, fuck!

Comment

> There was a GW article in 87' or 88' that featured both of them,that was a custom Ibanez made for the band,and it WAS indeed a Destroyer/Iceman hybrid by design. Paul had several of them too. The one Paul played back then was a copy of the Epiphone Olympic,and Paul said he had them copy it because it has cool upper-heel access. The neck pickup was a metal covered Dimarzio mini-bucker,and Paul would adjust it so he could fret on it,like a 27th fret. That was an awesome piece,and this version of it is way cleaner video and audio wise than the version that I found somewhere else. Bruce had really cool hair too. Anyone have a clue WHY he hasn't played that piece at full speed for all this time?
      "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I remeber when that album "street lethal" first came out in '86...
        I listened to that thing for a year straight non stop!
        Paul was only 16 or so there...16!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh.. no... Born in '66 he was more like 19 going on 20...

Comment

thanks for video

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Anyone have a clue WHY he hasn't played that piece at full speed for all this time?

[/ QUOTE ]

some kind of injury, tendonitis or something. He's just physically incapable of playing like that for long periods now. I think that same article quoted above mentioned how he'd been in a recent record session & while he could still cut the tracks, it messed him up for quite some time afterwards.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
            X