Red Hot Chili Peppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hot Chili Peppers

RHCP always comes out with super big hits, the songwriting is always great but is it just me that they don't come up with super cool grooves like they used to?
    They have one of the best rhythm sections, the living bass legend Flea and a super drummer Chad Smith who has done many sessions works and played a solo performance with the great Ian Paice. Durning the One Hot Minute days they had the best line-up IMHO, with Dave Navarro on guitar altho Frusciante fits better.
    They are always great but on the last two albums they have less funk and more alternative rock. I'm cool with that, but the grooves aren't so good anymore, they don't make you wanna go crazy and shit. Blood Sugar Sex Magik wich is one of the best albums ever made makes you wanna party and go wild every time you hear it, the new ones don't have that effect.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers

They've become totally middle of the road, and I can't bear to listen to their new stuff. It's not that it's crap, it's just that it's about as interesting as Coldplay, and to me, it's everything they used to rally against. Back in the day I remember reading that Dave Navarro was going to be joining and was really excited to hear what they were going to do with a more 'rock' guy than Frusciante - One Hot Minute was a real disappointment, and while Californication was OK, nothing they've done since 1991 has interested me to any degree (like Metallica really [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I just like Flea...that's it really.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

RHCP is one of the bands I really can't stand. I never got why they are so popular..
        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I just like Flea...that's it really..

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't turn down Flea, man. He makes the band. I love the way he and the drummer sound, very tight. Man, if you took out the guitarist it wouldn't matter much.

I rather like Californication. Some of the tracks are absolute unbarable shit, but most are okay.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            RHCP is one of the bands I really can't stand. I never got why they are so popular..

[/ QUOTE ]

they brought totally new things to the table, they were the innovators of their thing, for the 90's they were something that Van Halen was for the 80's
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Chad and Flea jamming
              http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/chadsmith.html

Comment

My favorite RHCP lineup was with Hillel Slovak and Jack Irons, awesome grooves and a lot of attitude, after that I just didn't dig them as much anymore.

Comment

wow. Californication and BTW are very, very good albums to me.
                  Just bought the live dvd from Slane Castle...it's awesome. Made it straight to Top 5 live shows I own on dvd...
                  It's the band I definitely like the most, compared to the unproficiency of their guitar player yet the music is so good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I wouldn't call Flea a living legend but he certainly is better than most of the current bass players.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      wow. Californication and BTW are very, very good albums to me.
                      Just bought the live dvd from Slane Castle...it's awesome. Made it straight to Top 5 live shows I own on dvd...
                      It's the band I definitely like the most, compared to the unproficiency of their guitar player yet the music is so good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't like John Frusciante? Man, I really enjoy his playing.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        I just like Flea...that's it really..

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't turn down Flea, man. He makes the band. I love the way he and the drummer sound, very tight. Man, if you took out the guitarist it wouldn't matter much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take Kiedis out of the mix too and now we're talking! Great rhythm section, dislike the rest of the band too much to be bothered with them.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

High school punk rock.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have an idea, how about NUNO on the guitar [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

How about Sonny Bono?
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X