Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers

?
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I try to like them, I really do, but I just could never deal with the whole "Look at us - we're SO wacky!" image.

Comment

I really like the "Mother's Milk" album and dug parts of "Blood Sugar Sex Magik", but I've never cared for anything else by them. I agree that Flea and Chad seem to have lost the groove on the last couple of albums. Maybe they need to get George Clinton back in the studio with them. I saw the P-Funk Allstars in concert last night, and I can assure you that George has not lost the groove...

Comment

They are about the only band that's been around for 20+ years that I still enjoy listening to their new work.

That's right, F U Metallica and U2!

Comment

They've just changed and developed there sound more. I heard John in a interview about how he hates when music repeats its self. As for the grooves, John after his heroin days had to relearn how to play the guitar, thus explaining the simple riffs in californication, as for by the way i dunno where the cool grooves went. I miss them too!! Hopefully their grooves will come back on the new record (due out may 8 of this year!). I heard john say that its a mix of metal and folk. hahaha polar oposites should me interesting.

hahahh fun fact john was 16 when he played on mothers milk. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

John put out a solo record during the heroin binge. He and Flea used to see who could come up with the best riff or line. Which ever was best went into the song. I think for that reason most of RHCP guitar riffs are not to complicated, but the bass is.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                wow. Californication and BTW are very, very good albums to me.
                Just bought the live dvd from Slane Castle...it's awesome. Made it straight to Top 5 live shows I own on dvd...
                It's the band I definitely like the most, compared to the unproficiency of their guitar player yet the music is so good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't like John Frusciante? Man, I really enjoy his playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

you missed my point, I really love his playing, but i was trying to say that he is probably the only player I have so much respect for, and who makes so much great music yet seemingly looks like he just stumbles around on the instrument.
                A classic example of not needing technical ability to replicate a musical vision.

Comment

To bad that Dave Navarro didn't fit, he kicks ass, and I do like some of the songs from One Hot Minute.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

he fit pretty well, I too think OHM has a few really good songs on it but keeping him when Frusciante cleaned up would be like keeping Jason Newsted if Cliff Burton had ressurrected from the dead. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah but Dave is more versatile, and he isn't sloppy and he can shred too and he looks cool too and he bangs Carmen and he.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Can someone recommend me a Janes Addiction (or anything else) song that shows what Dave is fully capable of?

Comment

The Mountain Song!

Comment

I dont think Dave's talent can be heard on one song. Listen to Nothings Shocking and Ritual to get full impact. He is a versatile rock guitarist, but in my opinion did not have enough funk style for RCHP.

Comment

all Jane's Addiction albums are pure gold, even the last one.
                              Also check out the Deconstruction self titeled album, it was a one off project but that shit sounds great.
                              Also Dave played for Christina Acquilera [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

btw. if you just want a song then listen to Jane's "True Nature"

Comment

Working...
                                X