anyone remember Prophet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone remember Prophet?

likely only the NY/NJ area crew will know Prophet. they were a pretty good prog pop/metal band in the late 80's there. I saw them down in like Parsippany once, they opened up for Blue Murder. good stuff. I still have the tape of Cycle of the Moon, and just listened to it today when looking for something old that I haven't heard in a long time. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Re: anyone remember Prophet?

Yes I do
    I have a tape around here someplace

They are part of the Danger Danger / TSO part of the NJ crew if I recall..

Isnt Bruno Ravel in Prophet?
    Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
    Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

I remeber the band name but can't remember the music.

Comment

Ted Poley form D2 was in Prophet for a while - he was a drummer then. It was before they released anything though.

I have both their cds - "Cycle of the Moon", and "Recycled". The first one is better IMHO. Russell Arcara (singer) released some "solo" stuff too that was pretty decent. If you liked Prophet, you will like Arcara.

Blue Murder isn't bad either - I have both of their cds too!

Comment

The bass player joined Nuclear Assault for the "something Wicked this way comes " cd.Thats all i really know.It wasnt Bruno tho.

Comment

The bass player was Scott Metaxas. I didn't know he was in Nuclear Assault though...wow!

Comment

didn't the bassplayer sing Tomorrow never comes on cycle of the moon ? (great ballad)

Comment

Yep - and he did another one on "Recycled". Very talented. He and the guitar player wrote almost all the songs.

Comment

Working...
                X