Whitesnake - Live In The Still Of The Night DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitesnake - Live In The Still Of The Night DVD

Shocked no one has mentioned this DVD yet...

Absolutely kick ass DVD of Whitesnake on tour 2004. Tommy Aldridge and Marco Mendoza kickin' complete ass on drums/bass, and Reb Beach and (my personal favorite) Doug Aldrich on guitar (John who?)...

This is a MUST have if you've ever been a fan of Whitesnake!

Re: Whitesnake - Live In The Still Of The Night DV

I just ordered it a couple of days ago.

It's amazing how much this DVD selles, it's HUGE

in US top 15
    and 1 or 2 in Europe
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Hadn't heard about it, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Ive watched that video a dozen times already.Doug is brilliant and for certain, the reason Coverdale wont do a re-union with Sykes.Nicer guy, no ego and great player.The video was shot great and the deeper cuts they play are cool to hear.Old Purple to start the show, kick ass.

I saw them twice on the tour before this one.Best shows of 2003.

If you guys dont have this yet, get it.Comes with a cd of ten tracks as well.2 for 1!

Heres a song for ya...............

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Doug is brilliant and for certain, the reason Coverdale wont do a re-union with Sykes.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually David wanted to do it but Sykes wasn't too happy about that

that being said Doug is one of the two players I know who actually can somewhat play Sykes solos and have the same "vibe"

....the other one is me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yeah, it's a really cool DVD, but I can't see what the fuss about Aldrich is all about. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but nothing 'special' as far as I can see....
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Them's fightin' words there neilli... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I have been a huge fan of Aldrich going back to Lion, House Of Lords, Hurricane, Bad Moon Rising, Burning Rain, and Dio. The guy ALWAYS has an incredible guitar tone, is melodic and can flat out rip it up.

Comment

there was this video where Doug is ripping out this insane 3-4 minute solo. he's absolutely cutting face.

i had no idea he could shred like he does.

Comment

Doug has badass tone

Comment

Finally got mine in the mail...this DVD rocks [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I think the cameras needed to focus more on Aldrich and Beach, but that's just me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Overall, a must for any Whitesnake fan [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Coverdale and Sykes aren't on speaking terms, from what I've read. Too bad, too. Not to take anything from Doug Aldrich, though. He's a killer player in the 'blues shred' mode.

Whitesnake fans might also be interested to know that EMI is finally remastering the early WS albums for release in Europe. The first three (Trouble, Lovehunter, Ready 'an Willing) will be released this spring, and the Trouble remaster will include the four tracks from the Snakebite EP, also (the Snakebite LP just added four earlier Coverdale solo songs to the four WS tracks that were on the original EP). Rumor also has it that EMI is going to take apart the Live In the Heart of the City album and make two separate releases of the entire 1978 and 1980 London shows from which LITHOTC was compiled--this isn't confirmed, though.

I like both the Lovehunter and Ready 'an Willing albums, but they really need to be mastered properly. I don't know if the remastering series is going to include the entire WS catalog, but I have to think it will, since all the WS albums were released by EMI in Europe.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Rumor also has it that EMI is going to take apart the Live In the Heart of the City album and make two separate releases of the entire 1978 and 1980 London shows from which LITHOTC was compiled--this isn't confirmed, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT would be cool.
                        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I saw Whitesnake on that tour, and they were amazing. I will definitely be on the lookout for that DVD.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            Rumor also has it that EMI is going to take apart the Live In the Heart of the City album and make two separate releases of the entire 1978 and 1980 London shows from which LITHOTC was compiled--this isn't confirmed, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT would be cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

X 100,000,000,000~!

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                            Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

got the dvd on tuesday. didn't even know it was out. holy shit is it awesome. shredalicious.

Comment

Working...
                              X