Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New WITCHERY...do the "W"!!!!

For anyone that cares...I sure do!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Sweden’s WITCHERY, imprecated in 1997, return with Don’t Fear The Reaper, 13 maliciously groove-oriented tracks. Combining black, death, and retro thrash, the band have created a savagely catchy album. Begun in 1997 when their cult band Satanic Slaughter splintered, WITCHERY started as guitarists Patrik Jensen (The Haunted) and Richard Corpse, vocalist Toxine, drummer Mique, and bassist Sharlee D'Angelo (Arch Enemy, Mercyful Fate). In 1998 they recorded their pioneering debut, Restless And Dead, released that year by Necropolis Records. The album was so extremely well received that WITCHERY released the Witchburner minialbum later that year. The EP featured two originals and four cover songs bearing witness to the individual musicians’ influences. Not long after its release, WITCHERY embarked on 1999’s infamous U.S. tour with Emperor and Borknagar. Their second full-length album Dead, Hot And Ready was unleashed soon thereafter, and a six-week early 2000 European tour followed. Symphony For The Devil, the band’s 2001 release, was recorded at Berno Studio (Amon Amarth, Dark Funeral) Malmö, Sweden with new skinsman, Martin “Axe” Axenrot (Bloodbath). Returning to tour North America later that year with The Haunted, WITCHERY again left fans spellbound with their live performance. Returning to Berno Studios in 2004 the band recorded Don’t Fear The Reaper, this time entrusting mixing duties to Tue Madsen and his Antfarm Studios (The Haunted, Heaven Shall Burn, Himsa). With the smoldering album in hand, the band signed a worldwide record deal with Century Media. The U.S. release features an exclusive cover version of Satanic Slaughter’s classic “Legion Of Hades.”

COOL... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Bill Z Bub
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Re: New WITCHERY...do the \"W\"!!!!

Great album, their best yet IMHO [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    PLAGUE RIDER \m/

Comment

Yep. You can't tell but my hand kinda looks like this right now... ---> \\||n//

Comment

Witchery are an awesome metal band,glad to see a new one.
        [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Bill when are they coming to the States again?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Shit I don't know Ron...I never saw them live ..I would sure LOVE to...they fuckin' rock!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I don't know between Sharlee and Jensen..maybe not much time to support the W..

With Arch Enemy and The Haunted...where the better $$$ is I guess.

I just glad to see a new album is coming soon..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Thre is a newer band that I really dig that sorta reminds me a little of W called DEMONOID on Nuclear Blast...and the leads guitarist friggin' SMOKES!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I mentioned Demonoid because it's on right now...I likes!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Witchery slays!! I'm gonna pick up this album, that's for sure!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I saw them live in 2002, and it was killer! But as you say Bill, with The Haunted and Arch Enemy there can't be much time left to tour with Witchery... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Hey Guys..This is this months METAL order..

I'm Jazzed about Gory Blister...they are friends of mine from Italy...don't let their silly name fool you...they are INSANE..awesome stuff..very technical..very Chuck Schuldiner and Death!!

They sent me their first one "Art Bleeds"..when in was in demo form..I must write them and say "hey"..

My Order..this is not including what I bought already at FYE and Best Buy..

-----------------------------------------------------

GORY BLISTER - Skymorphosis 1 GORY BLISTER - $10.49
                  NORTHER - Till Death Unites Us 1 NORTHER - $12.74
                  MYSTIC PROPHECY - Savage Souls 1 MYSTIC PROPHECY - Savage Souls $13.99
                  KALMAH - The Black Waltz 1 KALMAH - The Black Waltz $12.99
                  WITCHERY - Don't Fear The Reaper 1 WITCHERY - Don't Fear The Reaper $10.99
                  PHARAOH - The Longest Night 1 PHARAOH - The Longest Night $11.99
                  TERROR 2000 - Terror For Sale 1 TERROR 2000 - Terror For Sale $13.49
                  GALLOGLASS - Heavenseeker 1 GALLOGLASS - Heavenseeker $14.99
                  SPACE ODYSSEY - The Astral Episode 1 SPACE ODYSSEY - The Astral Episode $13.49
                  ASTRAL DOORS - Evil is Forever 1 ASTRAL DOORS - Evil is Forever $14.99
                  REBELLION - Sagas Of Iceland 1 REBELLION - Sagas Of Iceland $13.99
                  OPUS ATLANTICA - ST 1 OPUS ATLANTICA - ST $5.50

Total $149.64

BTW..Mystic Prophesy is Gus G!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

"Begun in 1997 when their cult band Satanic Slaughter splintered...."

I'm sorry, but that is fucking funny.

Satanic Slaughter!

I mean, really....they do this as a parody, right?

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Have you heard that new Kalmah release Bill? It is kind of weird, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Cobra Commander only gets to do vocals every once in a while on the recording.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Hey Guys..This is this months METAL order..

I'm Jazzed about Gory Blister...they are friends of mine from Italy...don't let their silly name fool you...they are INSANE..awesome stuff..very technical..very Chuck Schuldiner and Death!!

They sent me their first one "Art Bleeds"..when in was in demo form..I must write them and say "hey"..

My Order..this is not including what I bought already at FYE and Best Buy..

Total $149.64

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm partial to the Pharaoh album [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'll have to pick up the Astral Doors and Witchery as well - at least.
                        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Bill, you must be Century Media's #1 VIP customer! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Total $149.64

[/ QUOTE ]

The new kalmah is awesome! I never really dug their previous stuff but I'm really digging change in style with the vocalist and what not.

Comment

Yeah Century Media...those dicks know me by my voice..pretty cool people!!

But I got this order from The End..those are my two main sources...Then Ebay on occassion.

No Guys , I Haven't heard the new Kalmah yet..or Norther..I love those bands..I can't waite...should be here by the end of this week!!

I got Witchery on right now...I love this shit..

OH Mike, "Satanic Slaughter"..yeah that was for "keeps"..nothing I think you'd be into.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I think Satanic Sausage would be cool.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X