Anyone listen to Joe Bonamassa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone listen to Joe Bonamassa

I got to meet him and get VIP for the show here in OKC. He came into my work and we talked and he asked me if i was coming to the show and I went and it was some of the best guitar playing i have scene with my eyes. He is a Badass, if you havn't heard of him go buy all of his stuff now b/c he is amazing. I ended up getting a signed set list and drum head by all of the guys in his band and got to shoot the shit with them after the show and before. The best part was that he brought his Budda cabs into GC to trade and I opened them up and saw what was in them and i also saw his entire rig and I helped the bass player (mike hosty) put his rig together in the new MESA 14 space rack I sold him. What a blast for a friday though. later [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    This space for rent

Re: Anyone listen to Joe Bonamassa

Sounds cool, yeah the guy can play that's for sure. The only stuff I've heard is the album with cradle rock and thats a great album. I think the new stuff is acoustic?
    Chris
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

The acoustic stuff is better. I've already been invited to his next show in OKC in June. I think that its cool because i made a new friend with Joe. I can't say what happened at my work when he came in but i will say that it was convoluted and we are on a first name basis now.
      This space for rent

Comment

Joe grew up about 30 miles east of here, so
        I've seen him several times in clubs. He
        was a 'child prodigy,' appearing on local
        TV news specials because he was so young.
        First time I saw him he was probably about
        12, playing a big outdoor show! He started out
        as mainly a blues guy sort of in the Clapton
        mold, but he's branched out a lot, and is more
        like Eric Johnson nowadays...

He is a very cool guy, and def. not too full of
        himself. And, man he is freakin' LOUD!

tj

Comment

He does play loud but it sounds great
          This space for rent

Comment

I saw him on a TV special, maybe PBS, when he was about 14 and he was smokin' even then! He has to be phenomenal at this point
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I saw him with Peter Frampton. Just one heck of a player and he has real neat gear too. He puts a lot of energy in his shows as well!
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
              X