Speaking of Vai doing Yngwie....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Vai doing Yngwie....

Here is Vai playing with Alcatrazz with the Green Meanie in its original 'burst finish (very cool) and he clearly does do some sweeps. I assume this was an Yngwie solo, since it doesn't seem very Vai-esque.

Pretty neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Kmsl1QYE4&search=vai

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Re: Speaking of Vai doing Yngwie....

I'm on dialup and 5 minutes was long enough to wait for it to load. Jet To Jet is an Yngwie song though. I'm sure Vai would catch onto sweeps quickly, the point was just that when he first joined Alcatrazz that stuff gave him trouble.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Damn, I still really love that band and that music..but they sure did dress funny...Bonnet with the Christopher Walken Doo and the Pink Tu-tu on the drummer just SCREAMS awesome!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The 80's...wow!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It was a great time to be a shredder...it came back again..sorta.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I'm on dialup and 5 minutes was long enough to wait for it to load. Jet To Jet is an Yngwie song though. I'm sure Vai would catch onto sweeps quickly, the point was just that when he first joined Alcatrazz that stuff gave him trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well the sweeps are little ones...and he does a good bit of tapping as well. I just thought it was cool to find this, since we were discussing Vai having trouble initially with sweeps.

Vai can do anything technically speaking. I wish I had 10% of his talent.

MIke
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I thought is was a nice mix of what Ynwie originally did and Vai's own style.

I too would be happy with a 10th of Vai's talent!!

Comment

Are you kidding?

Vai can sweep like a madman. He sweeps pretty frequently, but he does it in a way that makes it not sound like a straight-up arpeggio. My favorite Vai sweeping is in "Shyboy" by David Lee Roth (Billy Sheehan wrote it I believe) It doesnt sound alot like sweeping, just crazy Vai noises. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I love Yngwie and Vai era Alcatrazz.

Graham Bonnet is one of my favorite singers.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I love Yngwie and Vai era Alcatrazz.

Graham Bonnet is one of my favorite singers.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

who said Vai can't sweep...minkya ..that guys is sick with the sweeping!

Bonnet is always hit or miss with me..you must understand that I have alot of underground things that most don't know about..Blackthorne "afterlife" being one of them for example..

Bonnet is either VERY good or VERY annoying!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

agreed Bill, there is some stuff of Bonnets I don't like. but what I do like of his, is amazing.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Nobody said Vai can't sweep. They are just saying that when he first took over for Yngwie he had trouble adapting to that style... sweeps included. There really isn't anything Vai can't do on a guitar.

Comment

Oh...OK, yeah that's true...could you imagime gettin' that gig..doin' those tunes ..at that time..with only weeks notice.

boy that's alot of "homework".. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Vai pulled it off nicely considering..that's what makes Vai..well Vai! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Enough about sweeps.... just check out Vai in this... unusual but DAMN this guy's got it... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2EokjFIE5g&search=Vai

Comment

Very Nice man...he seems like really down to earth dude..

Vai is incredible..he comes out of left field alot of the time..but most awesome players at that kind of level seem to do that!

There is not many players on that level...IMO

Cool, I enjoyed that! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I sweep when its needed.
                              You know...when the carpet is dirty and needs a sweeping. Hah, I couldn't just resist. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Working...
                              X