Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone caught the Kreator / Napalm Death tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone caught the Kreator / Napalm Death tour?

Well anyoen? That tour came through town last Friday. I ended up having band practice prior to the gig, so I arrived as Napalm Death was taking the stage. I spoke with a couple of friends and they said the touring opening bands were abysmal. Napalm Death didn't seem to get a good mix, it just seemed very, very muddy there and the bass was complete and total overkill. Guitarist was using a 3 Channel Rectifier of some sort with an Ibanez Flying V (or some sort of copy of a Gibson flying V), and I couldn't spot any bass gear from where I was standing.

Kreator played next and according to my friends that stayed up in the bar it was bass overkill for them as well (though I was right up front and the mix honestly sounded great). Mille's vocals were nice and loud and their guitar tones were absolutely crushing. Ventor was sweating bullets behind the kit as usual. They cut out Riot Of Violence, which is one of my favorite tracks to see them play live. Here's what I remember that they played...

Intro
    Enemy Of God
    Impossible Brutality
    Extreme Aggression
    People of the Lie
    Voices of the Dead
    The Patriarch
    Violent Revolution
    Suicide Terrorist
    Awakening of the Gods
    Coma of Souls
    Pleasure to Kill (ironically enough, a bit of a fight started up behind me during this song)
    Phobia (I really wish they'd dump this from the setlist)
    Terrible Certainty
    Betrayer
    ---Rock Star Encore---
    Flag of Hate
    Tormentor

Mille was, as always, asking for circle pits for the fast songs. Hey, they want to see a real circle pit, they need to play Ripping Corpse, I know if they played that people would start killing each other.

As far as guitars go... Mille was playing, as usual, his KV with the chrome OFR and EMG81, and his RR with the black hardware and black binding and EMG81. Sami, wasn't armed with his natural DK this time, he was using a Schecter guitar with a floyd rose (I want to say that it was a Diamond Series, but I can't find any info on it). Both of them were using full stacks of 5150's with the matching Peavey Cabs. Sami had a GMajor hooked up to his 5150, with wah and another pedal on the floor, as well as his midi controller. Mille didn't have a floorboard in front of him, and his tone was the same all night, but I would wager he was running a noise gate of some sort in the loop as both of their 5150's were dead silent between songs. Christian was using his usual Rhoads bass, but this time he was running a PODXT Live (not sure if it was a bass PODXT either). He had 3 patches set up, one normal clean sound, one slightly distorted bass sound, and one heavily distorted bass sound. The clean sound was used for Voices Of The Dead, and he was using his distorted one for the rest of the performance.

Re: Anyone caught the Kreator / Napalm Death tour?

I might check it out this week...
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I saw them and I can't believe they played the exact same set list in the exact same order as last time I saw them. I did score a pick from Mille though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I caught em with they hit NY. It was a great show, I forgot how much I like Napalm. I was kinda tired, so I stayed by the bar instead of down front where I usually stay, but it was still a great show. This was a week or 2 ago, I kinda forgot the setlist for both bands already, but it was still a great show

Comment

I got called last minute as a fill-in tech but was unable to do it - they'll be out until Mar 26th I believe...

Comment

I saw this tour on the 7th. The opening bands were fucking horrible, Napalm Death just isn't my thing but they put on a good show. Kreator on the otherhand was amazing.

Comment

Kreator and Napalm death?? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

That would have been one hell of a gig, I wish I'd been there...
              I've seen Napalm a couple of times, and they were crushing on both occasions.
              Mitch Harris' guitar, BTW, is a Royal Angel, and it's British! (Yay!)

Comment

I caught the "Kreatoor," last week!! Sad to see Sami switch to the darkside with the Schecter though! But they blew shit away for sure!! I couldn't see any of their gear but they sounded good!! Mille is a violent bastard!! There were people getting hurt and stuff, and he kept asking for more!! It was a rough crowd, and made the show difficult to watch at times, but it was 1 of the best I've seen in a long time!! What caught my attention was how tight they were!! I will for sure catch them again next round!!!! I wish he woulda kept the drummer from Cause for Conflict album though!!
                I love admins!

Comment

I missed it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X