• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Criss O. Vid

[ QUOTE ]
    Cool vid - looks almost like Jaxx??

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be from Philadelphia, a venue called Chestnut Cabaret.

Comment

Cool - thx !

Comment

I remember playing City Beneath The Surface in a band back in the 80's. Still a cool song.
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

The old stuff is great...Midas Knight was one of my faovrite songs

Comment

cool, thank you!

his tone is quite good to say the least. didn't he use marshall's (and later pro-tube laney's) set clean with 2 boss sd1 pedals for all the gain? i remember reading a site where it said he'd use one sd1 with everything cranked for leads, and switch to the other one with everything cranked except for the tone which was all the way off for his rhythm stuff....kinda weird setup actually.

btw, his lead tone in that vid really reminded me of george lnych....lotsa reverb and a single repeat delay, classic GL. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

criss just had TONE...awesome fingers. i can totally see why alex skolnick briefly filled in for him after his tragic death, he's also one of the players that just have *it*.

Comment

Marshall 2210..that's what he used last ..on the Edge of Thorns tour...Chris Caffery has that amp now.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

"Marshall 2210..that's what he used last ..on the Edge of Thorns tour...Chris Caffery has that amp now. "

makes perfect sense....my 2210 nails that tone down to a T....at high volumes, of course [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] it really has that singing lead tone, and the sometimes rather thin (esp. by today's standards) rhythm tone [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, my two 2210s did too..Fragle!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think my mono bloc does a more "focused" version of THAT tone..That's what my 9200/JMP-1 reminds me of.. Two 2210 in stereo...well I traded two 2210s..for this set up in '96 for that very reason!

Then I bought a San Dimas Koa 1 Charvel that Skolnick endorse when playing with "tage..I guess you can say I was in search of that tone myself..

I can NAIL Criss's tone to the T! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Criss could come here plug in and be right at home! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

as a matter of fact, i think i'm gonna use my old trusty 2210 for tomorrows band rehearsal instead of the 5150 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i haven't used it for a few months now...used the 5150 for band rehearsals, and playing a marshall at home can be kinda....interesting [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

strangely, the jmp1 rack doesn't really remind me of my 2210. more like a 2210 on steroids, yet more "sterile" for the lack of a better word. it really has twice the 2210's gain, that's for sure [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    i wanna try an uber [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Fragle..The way I dial up the 9200/JMP-1..it's EXAXCTLY two 2210s..I know this because I traded two 2210s in for this set up..and I loved my 2210s..I also ram those in stereo..

Same tone..but with a smidge more sustain..that's what I liked about it ..the sustain..."it's quite unbelievable...you go can go grab a bite to eat and and come back..you'll still be hearing that one"..."Nigel Tufnel!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I want to get a copy of that bootleg! His playing in that vid sounded great. Can anyone here help me get a copy,,plz?

Comment

that vid is badass!!! Criss ruled!! anyone know how i can get that tone on a pod xt live? i have the metal pack on it. that would rule
                          subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
                          www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Bill: I can NAIL Criss's tone to the T!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now if you could only play it... hehe...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              that vid is badass!!! Criss ruled!! anyone know how i can get that tone on a pod xt live? i have the metal pack on it. that would rule

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hanging with Chris Caffery last summer, and he was nailing that Late Model Criss Oliva tone, like Edge of Thorns, Gutter Ballet, etc, tone with a POD Pro rack unit...

I was impressed... It is sort of a solid statish sound anyways...

Hall of the Mountain king is a bit harder to nail...

Comment

Working...
                              X