Anyone like firehouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone like firehouse?

i got their first album today...WOW!! for 1990 they are a really good rock band...i especially like overnight sensation that is an awesome song!! any you guys like 'em?

Re: Anyone like firehouse?

it's a little limp wristed for my taste.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Overnight Sensation and Lover's Lane rock...They got a little too REO Speedwagon later,though...The guitarist(I am FREAKIN AWFUL with names anymore) kicked a$$..
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

HELL YES! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

saw them on the rock never stops tour last summer! they were the best sounding band on the bill and they played first.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

awesome !!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So you don't like "Love of a Lifetime", Tommy? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

They're from around here. Theres definitely local bands that I like better.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So you don't like "Love of a Lifetime", Tommy? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd rather take out my liver with an oyster fork than chuck that in the cd player. I'm sure the guy can play, but it was that song that actually made my fist cock and want to give the singer a mouthful of chicklets.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

That's the only album of theirs that I have. I usually skip Love of a Lifetime and listen to all the other songs. I like to toss it in every now and then. The guitarist can really play well.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    The guitarist(I am FREAKIN AWFUL with names anymore) kicked a$$..

[/ QUOTE ]

The guitarist is Bill Leverty. He's a long-time Yamaha endorsee. Bill also released a solo album, "Bill Leverty's Wanderlust" fairly recently, but I've not heard it so I can't comment on it.
                    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I've only seen Firehouse once a few years ago. I'd never really known about them (except for the Bill Leverty Yamaha ads mentioned above), but they impressed the hell out of me. Its obvious they are a talented group. All the harmonies were dead on, and they were very tight. Hell, after that performance, I even bought their greatest hits CD [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. They are a little "soft" but there are some good tunes on there... in a pop/metal kinda way.

Comment

all she wrote... was/is their best song to date

ALL SHE WROTE
                        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                        Amp... Pioneer
                        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I was always partial to "Shake & Tumble". Always thought that was a good solid rock song. They do play a tight set live, have to give them credit where credit is due. They totally blew Ratt off the stage in Myrtle Beach last summer. Then again, hell, Quiet Riot blew Ratt off the stage last summer at that show too. Single biggest concert let down of my life is what the Ratt set was. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] Cinderella kicked ass as usual though! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

They are playing here in Rockford on Friday night.

Comment

I liked some of their stuff. But I like that pop metal stuff. I saw them play at the Naval Academy years ago. They kicked ass. Cool bass!
                              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                              X