Gigantour 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigantour 2006

Holy assfrickin'..Nevermore is supporting DISTURBED!!!??? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Oh boy!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

why am I laughing...I can actually PLAY and I wouldn't want to follow Nevermore!! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well..this is a great high profile gig indeed...good for them man!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Hey, I like "some" disturbed...but I can't take that shit too seriously ..I mean..C'mon.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Does the SF dude play to a click in the studio...

I think that's the only way to go for drummers..keeps everyone on the same watch!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he does, but I am not sure. I do know that on the last SF record he recorded the songs solo with out any scratch tracks.

Comment

Maybe I'm a wuss, but I hope they get some more melodic metal on Gigantour. Ozzfest is a HUGE disappointment this year, but I'm holding out hope for Gigantour. Megadeth alone would probably be enough to get me to go, anyway.

Comment

yeah, the hell with Ozzfest this year..what a joke!! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I would go just to see Shadows Fall, they rock!! I think Slayer should headline this lineup, they are much better than Megadeth. Jack.

Comment

Testament, Death Angel and Exodus would be great on that bill too!!

Death Angel was UNBELIEVABLE at the last BW/BK show..the best of show hands down!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

testament would be wicked i really want to see them live. Arch enemy should be there too hahahaha.

Comment

I was actually introduced to Jason from Shadow's Fall a couple of weeks ago at the aftershow at Dream Theater's gig in Boston. I only spoke to him very briefly but he seemed a nice, geniune guy - he was certainly grooving to DT during the show anyway. Apparently the previous night, he had got up and done a fearsome drum duet with Mike Portnoy! (Mike was wearing a Shadow's Fall shirt for DT's second set in Boston).

Mustaine certainly came up with a good concept in Gigantour - the quality of the musicianship on that tour last year and potentially this year serves as a healthly antidote to much of the trendy posturing associated with most of the Ozzfest bands.

Comment

Here's an Idea..get some "metal" bands on that bill..ANY will do for me!!

this just gives me a great reason to blow it off this year..

Comment

I always thought Daves voice fit the music perfectly. Was definitely a change of pace from the norm as far as vocal quality goes, granted.
                      www.myspace.com/madeaband
                      www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

John and I know and hung out with half of Megadeth in John's basement..Glen and Shawn Drover of Eidolon..which they are going to still do..which is great news..and I heard they are going to have a "real" great singer this time..finally...that is great news to me!!

I like Eidolon better than Megadeth these days..not even close in my book.

Comment

When is Gigantour 06 happening? I went to one of the gigantour 05 concerts in Portland and it was awesome. Is Dream Theater still playing with them?

Comment

Dream Theater won't be doing Gigantour this year - they just finished a year's worth of touring with a show at Radio City in NYC (orchestra and all). They are now on summer break and won't be starting any work as a band until probably September or so when they get together to begin preparation for the next album.

Comment

Working...
                            X