VH article with Mike Anthony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VH article with Mike Anthony

EVH complains about DLR and Hagars ego's, but his has been out of control for so long its not funny.

I mean, in 2004 he went on a "cease & Desist" rampage from every guitar maker in the world, down to his bass players fucking hot sauce! That is so fucking disrespectful it isnt funny anymore. He is a loser with a nice pedigree, thats all.Even his sister...i mean Valerie got tired of his out of control anger and loathing. He hates the world for whatever reason.I know people like him and i avoid being around them because its bad times all the time.

And Horns......I too thank Fred for all his time in the quarry [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I agree..

in "hindsight" and looking at him now..that's how I feel..

I'd rather listen to players like Uli Roth, Andy LaRoque , Criss Oliva, Randy and etc than Ed...and they were from his day..so there ya go..and the players that ARE still alive SMOKE Ed!!

Ed dropped the ball...he fumbled! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nowadays..guys like Jeff Loomis makes him look like a complete Jerry's Kid..fuggum! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I am going to disagree here Bill. There is nothing musical about Jeff Loomis, if you ask me. That stuff doesn't touch me, it has no soul. Eddie may be outclassed on a technical level, but he can groove, and most of these guys that can cut Ed' head don't even know the definition of groove.

Eddie has an ego and substance abuse problem. No doubt. He is probably not a pleasant person, and his run in music may be waning, or over. However, nobody has ever moved me in the way Eddie has, with the exception of Gilmour and SRV.

Eddie is the original, all others are his legacy.

Mike

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

"And Horns......I too thank Fred for all his time in the quarry"

Fred is good guy..hauling rocks in the quarry, foot powered car (wouldn't just be easier to walk?)..all Wilma's BS..he deserves some props!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would want to meet my "OLD" guitar heroe..he's a withered, pathetic, jack ass...that wouldn't settle in my stomach that well..

Just the sight of him makes me ill.. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Mike it's not about what touches YOU..

it's about ability and profiency at playing guitar..

I don't like Country music..it doesn't touch ME..but I can't deny the awesomness of some of those players..

Jeff Loomis is breaking new ground and moving FORWARD in metal..and Ed ..well...he's up on blocks...about to be junked and scrapped...he HAD his day...but that day is OVER..it's been OVER...put the fork in him..he's WELL DONE!

put on some 25 year old record and enjoy..because that's all the Ed your gonna EVER hear..that's worth a shit..

Hey, I came to grips with this fact of life..it wasn't an easy pill to swallow..but It's just life.

Hey you can LOVE ED..that's cool..I love his old music..but it's old..old hat..by the time I nailed Ed's tone ..I didn't want it anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was in a VH tribute..because I was a HUGE fan!

was.. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            The only thing that counts is the music IMHO. I don't care about the personalities of the musicians. I don't care that Eddie is an asshole, I don't care that Axl Rose and Ritchie Blackmore are the sickest human beings, I don't care that Freddie Mercury was gay, I don't care that Gary Glitter liked to fuck young boys etc. etc. when it comes to music. I never loose respect for them as musicians. NEVER. I hate some of them because of the personality but that doesn't concern me when I'm listnening to their music at all.

Eddie will go to the history as a guy who played Eruption not as an egomaniac and theethless drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on that point of not relating talent with personality, however i just have no respect for someone that doesnt seem to have any respect for anyone else but himself.

As to how Ed will go down, who knows, you look at all the guitar greats and they either died at the top of there game, or at least still touring every now and then.

If Ed doesnt shape up he will go down in history as a guy that defined a generation of music only to waste away and disappear. Also like i said Ed hasnt put out anything respectfull in a long time, nothing inovative,it is like something sucked his soul out.

Comment

I learned that people will have their likes and dislikes..and we sometimes do not always agree..people are allowed to express their love or hate about how they truly feel..

Siggy and I didn't see eye to eye on some things before in the past as well as Hippie Tim..who is now one of my good friends..bumping heads over whatever those disputes were was plain SILLY in hindsight..

Siggy has established to me that he IS very knowledgable about amps and whatnot..even tho some of our "taste" my vary..no big whoop.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

VERY VERY silly..and I feel Silly doing that.. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Embarrased to be honest...I won't do that again [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

we are good guys here..with a common bond.."guitars and music"..and people's taste and feelings will vary...which is cool..I don't want everythig to be the same ..that would be "boring".

I don't expect ALL people to worhip Ed , Loomis or whatever but some do..it's all subjective..You don't have to like what I like..I don't have to like what you like.

no need for 'tudes..just like what you like..let others like what they like and have a great day! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Ed was my "heroe" then ..Jeff is my "heroe" now..it works for ME! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jeff touched ME personally.......in my private areas! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Mike it's not about what touches YOU..

it's about ability and profiency at playing guitar..

I don't like Country music..it doesn't touch ME..but I can't deny the awesomness of some of those players..

Jeff Loomis is breaking new ground and moving FORWARD in metal..and Ed ..well...he's up on blocks...about to be junked and scrapped...he HAD his day...but that day is OVER..it's been OVER...put the fork in him..he's WELL DONE!

put on some 25 year old record and enjoy..because that's all the Ed your gonna EVER hear..that's worth a shit..

Hey, I came to grips with this fact of life..it wasn't an easy pill to swallow..but It's just life.

Hey you can LOVE ED..that's cool..I love his old music..but it's old..old hat..by the time I nailed Ed's tone ..I didn't want it anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I was in a VH tribute..because I was a HUGE fan!

was.. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a huge respone and it got dumped when my wireless connection glitched.

Fuck.

Well, I am too lazy to redo it. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Mike
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

It's just sad to see someone who really had the fire lose it
                  and that's what we've seen in EVH. His legacy is secure for what he did, but what could've been had he not just become a Top 40 pastry baker?

As for Jeff Loomis, he has that fire today. He may not seem musical to some, but to me he is VERY musical. It's all in the perception, but I'm glad that players who love metal are still out there walking the walk, and still coming up as kids who want to do that, here in 2006. Sure it's not gonna be the same - that's kind of the point. Ed wasn't the same as Page and Clapton either. There has to be a progression for it to remain fresh. And Jeff is more of the legacy of Yngwie than EVH anyway.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

"I had a huge respone and it got dumped when my wireless connection glitched.
                    Fuck."

Ewwww Mike I hate it when THAT happens..aww..yeah I hear ya.
                    [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Rich summed it up for me pretty good right there too..we are on the same page! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I wouldn't be playing if it wern't for Ed..it saddens me to see what I once LOVED ..dwindle to nothing....kinda like watching my parents aging and falling apart..and I'm right behind them. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

What EVH has to say about MA (circa Fair Warning)

Man, pick up the latest Guitar One. EVH just rips, and i mean RIPS, into Michael Anthony. Everything from his band contributions to his playing to his tone. This was a Fair Warning era interview so it might be old news to some of you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Re: What EVH has to say about MA (circa Fair Warning)

why would the publish an interview that is 24 years old? Fair Warning came out in 1982 for crissakes.

he played with MA for another 15 yrs after that... hmmm.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Re: What EVH has to say about MA (circa Fair Warni

"In this newly discovered vintage interview, Eddie Van Halen holds nothing back as he discusses the album that many feel contains his most brilliant guitar work. By Steven Rosen"

It's quite a read!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Yeah, I read the article. Eddie doesn't lack in the 'I love to kiss myself" category. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He does rip on Michael Anthony and also has to get his jab in against DLR also.

I wonder if there is a motive on why this article was written now. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] It's old and it looks like it was put out to instigate someone. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I don't really give sh*t, one way or another. Never liked EVH, don't like his playing, don't like his band. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

I don't get it?
                              I saw VH on their first 4 tours and you know who by far sucked the most onstage was Alex.
                              during the VHI and VHII tours he just out and out sucked.
                              he would go off all over the place and come back in from fills on a 3 or 2 instead of the 1 or the 4.
                              MA held that f'n rythm section together live.
                              I'm sorry but I think these guys are all done.
                              Eddie and Alex sound like complete A-holes. My buddy saw them at Worcester during their last tour and he said Eddie was horrible anyway, so hang it up already.
                              the VH that we all love and long to see again is long gone. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

"the VH that we all love and long to see again is long gone."

well there's always tribute bands...shit some do it better than the originals nowadays.

When we did it ..we tried to sound like the album ...tone and all.

I always thought they sounded like ass live..tone and all...their NOTHING like the albulm.

I have old bootlegs..it's not the sound quality that is terrible..just the performance..

I guess that was part of the "appeal" to see them all fucked up live I guess..I was never amused.

Their coolest "live" performance was those nicley studio "polished" shows they aired on Don Kirshner's(sp) Rock Concert back in '79..supporting their second album.

Jesus Christ.. '79??...were some of you even born yet..the answer is NO..alot of you wern't even born yet...that was the year of my first REAL piece of ass..it was a great year for Me and VH! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X