VH article with Mike Anthony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What EVH has to say about MA (circa Fair Warni

Bill you fuckin crack me up dude! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I don't get it?
      I saw VH on their first 4 tours and you know who by far sucked the most onstage was Alex.
      during the VHI and VHII tours he just out and out sucked.
      he would go off all over the place and come back in from fills on a 3 or 2 instead of the 1 or the 4.
      MA held that f'n rythm section together live.
      I'm sorry but I think these guys are all done.
      Eddie and Alex sound like complete A-holes. My buddy saw them at Worcester during their last tour and he said Eddie was horrible anyway, so hang it up already.
      the VH that we all love and long to see again is long gone. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
      I've heard it said more than once that Alex might not be playing drums professionally if his last name wasn't Van Halen. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

and you're right, they just pissed it all away. Eddie and Dave mostly. wow.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Ed refered to his "style" as "falling down the stairs and landing on your feet"

But he's landing..or landed square on his ass..

I just wished he'd scrape together a couple fragments of dignity and do something "cool" ...and just STFU and stop blaming everybody else for his mess...

Ed is like the "Caligula" of Rock N' Roll..he's lost his fucking mind! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

I'd personally would like to kick his fuckin' ass...just because he became such a waste....knock some sense into that pickled brain of his.. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Someone call his agent and tell him Bill Z Bub is calling ass on him!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Nice..are they beating that horse..or giving it Bukkake?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Hey, This may be the VERY first time that a disgruntled fan wants to beat Ed's ass..that's a special moment over here!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Whenever i get caught up in beating on the brothers, i put on an old VH record and all is good!
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Yeah I hear ya..love the old stuff man ..it's a piece of my heart...but WTF man...just WTF..he needs a bitchslappin'!!!

Maybe he'll get wind of this ..take me on...that would be sweet..I'd be immortal..the punch that was heard around the world..video is mandatory! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'd put his lights out..I know excatly how to do it without any trouble too! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm good like that! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  YI don't really give sh*t, one way or another. Never liked EVH, don't like his playing, don't like his band. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an enemy of good music numero uno
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

E...set it up man..you're my dude.."grudge match"..Ed and me!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

maybe it'll light some fire under his ass..and YOU can hear some new VH..huh!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

You gotta show to Ed how the intro of the Mean Streets is really played
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

YES..I promise..I will slap the intro to mean streets with my pud..I got that down!

that'll show him...and provoke a violent response from ED and then ..I'll deck him....with my pud!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

YES!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          you are an enemy of good music numero uno

[/ QUOTE ]

Well,...at least his music [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Van Halen's arrival on the scene annoyed me as much as Pearl Jam/Nirvana annoyed 80's rockers at that time. I guess I'm stuck more in the 70's, but I've been listening a little to the 80's stuff because of JCF. Hell, I even watched Headbangers Ball or Metal Mania, whatever that show is on VH1 the other night. That, for me, was unheard of at one time. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Judas Priest did an acoustic song/Unplugged song. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Did I have the right channel? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

All of you, except Endrik and Quiksilver, can SUCK ME!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

"All of you, except Endrik and Quiksilver, can SUCK ME!!!"

Ummm, for how long and for how much..I get paid by the second man!!!

My Rate is the same as VH's at the US festival... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And I want a big bowl of M & Ms with all the brown ones removed!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

And I still wanna fight Eddie..call Don King!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: What EVH has to say about MA (circa Fair Warning)

[ QUOTE ]
                                Man, pick up the latest Guitar One. EVH just rips, and i mean RIPS, into Michael Anthony. Everything from his band contributions to his playing to his tone. This was a Fair Warning era interview so it might be old news to some of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the one with Pete Townsend on the cover? I just went out looking for it and that's the only issue of Guitar One I saw. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X