VH article with Mike Anthony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBreinin
    Bullshit, it will never be that way for Eddie or Ace for those who picked up guitars, or air guitars, because of them. Maybe for the younger generation who didn't grow up listening to them it will be that way....but for people from my generation it will be a big deal when they pass away.

Mike
    They are both living legends to us old folks. I would say Ace even more so than Eddy.
    Jimmy Page will fall into that category too.
    Back when I was growing up.. learning Stairway to Heaven was mandatory. So was anything off of Kiss Alive 1.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Comment

Durning the early 70's Jimmy Page was the epitome of coolness
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

wow very good article, thanks for the share of that.i really like ed as a guitar player, he has done some great things, but as a person well that just aint him anymore, he has alot of probs in his life. i hope someday he cna get his life on track and maybe see van halen again on stage..

Comment

Well, to me EVH will always be the greatest player ever. He did what he wanted with the guitar - from both playing to the things he did with the physical guitar. I mean from winding his own pickup to boiling his strings to get the stretch out of em. He's an original and he'll always be the remembered for the contributions he's made to the guitar and modern music.

Now from the standpoint of the kind of person he has become, I've gotta agree with whats been stated. His ego has gotten the best of him.

I remember him as the young kid grinning from ear to ear onstage cause he loved what he was doing. He was born to do that. To read M.A.'s comments really disappoints me. I mean to be threatened by a bottle of hot sauce - come on Ed! Get a life!

He's lived in a bubble for so long he believes his own press. It's sad. He's lost something and that something is gratitude for what he has and those who helped the band Van Halen become a household name.

Comment

Eddie who?
            750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
            Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Eddie who?
              750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
              Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Working...
              X