No announcement yet.

Nevermore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the key here is that this is not music that is easily enjoyed by the mainstream. The talent is enormous, and I have downloaded a few songs which I listed to several times a day. I am TRYING here, Bill..really, because I respect your opinion on musical matters. However, this stuff is not what I typically listen to...so it takes some serious adjustment for me. Really, I find that it just doesn't groove, you know? And that double kick drum machine gun action can really get on my nerves.

I guess I am just a 4/4 rocker kinda guy...

I'll tell you what I have been listening to lately that I am loving, Sapphire Blue from Larry Carlton. I know, I know...old man music.....but Larry is just so, so, so soulful, and he may have the best, warmest tone in the business.

I am not giving up on Nevermore though. I am hoping I will reach a point where it clicks for me and the horns go up in salute.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Mike, what stuff have you downloaded? I wasn't able to grap these guys until I bought This Godless Endeavor. There are some amzing songs on there and Loomis shines brightest(to me) on Sentient #6. His playing on that song is just incredible and the solo is phenomenal...very lyrical and fluid.

I get what you're saying about the song structures. I find the stop/start with the epileptic drumming a bit much at times, but when they lock in to something solid, the result is metal without peer.

Larry Carlton in a Nevermore thread? Is your girlfriend posting here now?
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
        I hear ya Troy...You are in the same comnany with alot of friends of mine..

They love powermetal, hell so do I...Dragonforce RULES..is their new one out yet..I haven't seen my Distros pick it up yet!

Hey I think you'd really dig Brainstorm, Edguy, Euroforce, Mystic Prophesy, Firewind, Symphorce, Rage, Jag Panzer and ect..very 80's styled writing but with a more "modern" sound..especially Brainstorm..they just ROCK!!
        The new DF is called "Inhuman Rampage" I've been listening to it a lot, it's badass, especially the first track. I have all of those bands except Euroforce, have to look into them.

I keep listening to Nevermore and some of the other new bands hoping I will get into it at some point because I'd like to start or join a band around here but I don't like anything that I've heard locally.

Comment

get

"Sentient"
          and
          "Sell My Heart For Stones"

pretty cool melodic tunes
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Oh, I have downloaded The River Dragon tune and This Godless Endeavor as well.

I previewed like 30 songs on iTunes looking for something that grabbed me.

Ok, I am going to go buy Sentient 6 right now, and I will report back with my impressions.

Hey, Larry Carlton ROCKS MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Do you think this singer is a Jeff Tate fan???

I am listening to Sentient 6 right now. So far, I am not being assaulted with Monkey on Speed kick drums...so I am happy.

Mike

Comment

Oh yeah, big Queensryche vibe from Warrel. He used to be able to scream like a bitch, too. Sentient is a great song and I think you will like it.
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I dig Sentient 6....that and River Dragon are my favorite so far. I think Sentient 6 got the horns going...but I can't really chuck them at work here.

The lyrics are pretty fucking funny though.

Mike

Comment

LOL - I hear what you're saying. Warrel is not exactly the Voltaire of metal is he?
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

yeah man Nevermore is cool. i like had a bunch of there music on my computer but i never really liked em because of vocals but i knew loomis was really good. But last night i gave em another go and i was like wow this is wicked. allthough i still don't like the vocals.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B
                        LOL - I hear what you're saying. Warrel is not exactly the Voltaire of metal is he?
                        No, he is more of the Clyde Cussler of metal!!!!

I like his voice though.

Mike

Comment

Warrel RULES..

That fucker drops A when writing that shit!

Still NO smileys?..where's the fuckin' smileys?..Hey man..I WANT a smiley button to click with all those nice smileys to choose from..I'm NOT jumpin' through a bunch of fuckin' hoops..for some fuckin' smileys..

so I want my fuckin' smileys..right fuckin' NOW!

smiley!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Oh man, I've had Nevermore in my disk changer for over a year straight... I usually change the CD's in there every 3 days so I listen to my entire collection, but it goes from 1-3 Nevermore CD's at any one time.

Defently top notch.

PS: Born is stuck in my head right now. Thanks alot guys :P

Comment

Yah, I hear ya dude. Bill recommended em to everyone so I went out and bought Enemies of Reality and it got me hooked. I went back and I actually liked the old stuff I always overlooked. It's Warrel's vox, I think it took a minute to get used to, but it fits so well. I've had Dreaming, Godless and Dead Heart on constant rotation for about 3 weeks now

Comment

If you are only dowloading individual songs...don't forget River Dragon!
                                -Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X