Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake and Ozzy-old ass pics

http://www.angel.dk/blacksabbath/OzzyOversigt.html

This is before the charvel logo was applied to his white guitar.Speak of the Devil tour 1983.

His 1st gig was on my 13th b-day, Jan 12th 1983.This wasnt too long afterwards

Re: Jake and Ozzy-old ass pics

Cool pics! But Speak of the Devil tour?? I thought Brad Gillis did the Speak of the Devil tour to the end. When Brad wanted to stay with Night Ranger, then Ozzy held auditions and Jake did the Bark at the Moon album.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ummm yes i believe he did...

great pics tho...jakes work with ozzy was great...I really dug both his albums with Oz...he's my favourite ozzy guitarist IMO...Randy...i really dig the first album, but not the second...zakk's just so basic these days...chugg chugg squeal squeal..same pentatonic link that's already in 3 of his other solos...he's got dull man its a shame i really liked zakk for a while...no more tears is a great album...but Jake's the only one where I dig All his work with the Prince of Fooking Darkness...and man did he look cool doin it...

Comment

No, Brad finished the Diary tour for Ozzy.They recorded Speak of the Devil, but Brad gave his notice after that.Ozzy had to release that lp to get out of his contract with Sharons father Don. I beleive Ozzy and Brad had an understanding that he would do the tour until they found a replacement for him.1st up was George, who waited in the wings for the job.Ozzy didnt like his hair and held more auditions.George was introduced at rehearsal to Jake as the new guitarist for Ozzy.

Side note, it was Sharon who coined George's charvel as "the booger".

Comment

That's interesting. I thought what you thought toe.

Comment

those pics kick so much ass!

and Ozzy with the short hair. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

i'm just glad that the old-ass pics don't have actual ass in them. that said, great find davey! jake looked like a kid then. wow.
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                That's interesting. I thought what you thought toe.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Yeah, very interesting indeed! I never knew Jake did the rest of that tour. Cool either way. Jake was always my favorite Ozzy guitar player anyway, but Brad's tone on SOTD was incredible, probably my favorite live album ever! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

which speak of the devil? the cd one where its all sabbath tunes...or the show that was video'd and was mostly ozzy tunes? he smokes on the vid with the ozzy tunes...its a shame he joined night range really...i never though they were that great...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    which speak of the devil? the cd one where its all sabbath tunes...

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Yes, the one with all Sabbath tunes.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      which speak of the devil? the cd one where its all sabbath tunes...

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Yes, the one with all Sabbath tunes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many children do I have to sacrifice to what diety to find this vid???( I only have 4 to start,but with three teen girls,I am sure I can scrounge up their boyfriends)
                      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

hahaha well I could probably locate it easy and send you a copy?? I did have it on my PC at one point...its a good set

Comment

oh and you won't have to sacrifice any children for that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            oh and you won't have to sacrifice any children for that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bummer
                            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

You must sacrifice children... otherwise, they won't be Children of the Grave! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X