Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 6 ...

... Ratt, BTM ...

... just in case there wasn't already a thread ...

I can't get search function to work... keep getting this:

There seems to have been a problem with the JCF Online database.
    Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

This should be great.I think Ratt has a cool story to tell for sure.

They also fit the BTM mold of fame- fotune- drugs- infighting, fleeting fame-quiting- fired, death and a new begining/Hope.

Tesla has been aproached for one in the past.The hard rock bands always have cool behind the music episodes.

Comment

Looks like May 11 instead ... and Pantera, too.

Sorry the video or page cannot be found. The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable. Please use search or visit our home page. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Badseed
        and a new begining/Hope.
        what new beginning are you speaking of?

is Ratt back together? wasn't Jizzy Pearl on vocals? who is the other guitar?

are they actually doing anything new? touring?

(I'm clueless)
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
          what new beginning are you speaking of?

is Ratt back together? wasn't Jizzy Pearl on vocals? who is the other guitar?

are they actually doing anything new? touring?

(I'm clueless)
          Not sure myself either.
          Although I think they can start again and be semi successful, but, not having Pearcy on vocals isn't Ratt. Sorry, imo his voice/vocal was a decent contributing factor to the infamous Ratt sound many know. It ain't Ratt without Pearcy.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Stephen is still making new music and touring with Ratt songs, though he has a completely different band. Warren and Bobby are still in the "original" ratt with a new bass player, second guitarist, and singer. They still call themselves Ratt and often tour with Quiet Riot, Warrant, and other 80s bands.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy
              They still call themselves Ratt and often tour with Quiet Riot, Warrant, and other 80s bands.
              Often billed as The Sweaty Desperation Tour
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy
                They still call themselves Ratt and often tour with Quiet Riot, Warrant, and other 80s bands.
                pretty fukken sad if you ask me
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I wouldn't call it sad. You like playing live, you keep doing it, regardless of how many people come out and see you.

Comment

Ratt grabbed a decade of decadence by the tail, but their legendary excess came back to bite them -- it cost them their career, and, in the case of guitarist Robbin Crosby, his life. This special edition of Behind the Music contains exclusive behind the scenes footage of the band, as well as an never before seen interview with Robbin Crosby, conducted three years before his death. In the beginning, band crawled up from the Sunset Strip's hair metal scene in the early `80s scene to record a fistful of multiplatinum albums and fill arenas around the globe.

Throughout the `80s, Ratt -- vocalist Stephen Pearcy, guitarists Robbin Crosby and Warren DeMartini, bassist Juan Croucier and drummer Bobby Blotzer -- were the toast of pop metal, thanks to the 1984 breakout hit Round and Round, whose video became an MTV staple. As the band became arena headliners, they turned all of America into their personal playground. Backstage, there was an endless procession of Jack Daniels, cocaine, pot, and young women willing to do anything to be near their heavy metal heroes.

But the partying would eventually tear the band apart. Vocalist Stephen Pearcy's excessive boozing alienated the rest of the band and affected his performances - while onstage, he often forgot what city he was in. While DeMartini, Cloucier and Blotzer channeled their anger at their singer, Robbin Crosby was quietly wasting away. By 1985, he'd begun a debilitating heroin addiction that would lead to his ouster from the band in 1990. Already in a spiral, Crosby would get more bad news in 1994 - he was diagnosed as HIV positive. The diagnosis triggering a physical and emotional free-fall that would in 2002 result in his death from a fatal heroin overdose. Ratt: Behind The Music reveals the bands harrowing journey, from the beginning to the end and back to the newest beginnings for the surviving band members.

From: http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/behind_...de_about.jhtml

Comment

Working...
                    X