Who remembers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who remembers?

This thread is dedicated to some fond memories, I thought I'd start it off with:

* Hear n Aid

When the Hard Rock community got together for famine relief.

Here is the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=u...=iron%20maiden

Enjoy.

s

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lycanthia/

Uh ... talk about some bad hair and some bad riffs. I don't think anyone put too much time into this. Sounds like they just threw it together ... egos probably got in the way. And where were the Charvels and Jacksons??? Eddie Ojeda's was a Charvel, but I didn't notice any others. No wonder this type of metal died. The stuff that became popular was cheezy, and the good stuff remained relatively obscure.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy
      Sounds like they just threw it together
      That is pretty much it, they put together something at a moments notice for the Live Aid cause.

s

Comment

Just so I won't hijack the thread, here's a fond memory I have of the 80s:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uSkn84eHPGU
        My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by stephenslr
          That is pretty much it, they put together something at a moments notice for the Live Aid cause.
          txt
          What a great resource, thanks for posting that!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Bumping this thread, because I'm totally addicted to this damn song now thanks to you!

I've been listening to it several times a day for the last few weeks, which my girlfriend will grudgingly vouch for

-a

Comment

Thanks for posting. I don't have the video and couldn't remember who played all the solos.

Comment

tis a damn cool song

Comment

That song kicks ass, i would love to have the stock footage from the solo section.Imagine hours upon hours of these guys shredding.Although id have to FF through Carlos's stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Badseed
                    i would love to have the stock footage from the solo section.
                    I borrowed a VHS from my local video store many years back which was the making of this song and it is a short documentary, interviewing some of them including Spinal Tap who were quite funny.

These days I cannot find a copy anywhere.

s

Comment

Watching that, it all seems like even longer ago than it really was. The Spinal Tap guys sorta fit right in, didn't they?

Comment

Campbell, Gillis, Goldy & Schon took two solos each? Were they having trouble finding guitarists to play? Gods know there were plenty of arse-kicking soloists about at that time. Why didn't Meniketti get a solo? Adrian Smith could've laid down something fierce, rather than just "melody lines on choruses". And with David St Hubbins idly standing by....

Although, I have to admit, whilst I've never been a huge fan, Schon's outro solo is just about my favourite bit of the whole song.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

I loved that song when it came out...I actually still have the 45 somewhere in my collecton of vinyl.
                          A lot of cool solos, although I really dug Lynch, Gillis, and Goldy's pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenslr
                            I borrowed a VHS from my local video store many years back which was the making of this song and it is a short documentary, interviewing some of them including Spinal Tap who were quite funny.

These days I cannot find a copy anywhere.

s

I meant the footage from the documentary that wasnt used.I have the VHS documentary.

Comment

Working...
                            X