No announcement yet.

Prs Dan Spitz Prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah that spalted maple acting as dyed camouflage is awesome!

Inlays do suck though and the Spitz logo is absolutely disgusting. Like they just printed out a sticker with Word and put it on there....
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

i dig it a lot.

not enough for freaking 11 grand though.

Comment

the Dan Spitz model?

so this guitar allows you to play only two power chords and really shitty unmelodic so-called solos? LOL
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

IMO he can play but his taste has gone to shit.

Comment

Puke-tastic.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

The patriotic gesture is nice, but "U.S." in block letters down half the neck... that's REAL creative. Did an 8th grade student design that headstock, or what?

Comment

I dig the spalted camo finish. Nothing else however. I'm sure it plays great though.

Comment

Ted Nugent "might" use it for a boat paddle.
                  "POOP"

Comment

I don't like anything about it... Especially the PRS part of it.
                    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I wish PRS offered an H/S/S setup on production guitars. I don't think they've done that since the Studio model on the production side.

As for this guitar, I think the top is an interesting concept, if not the actual execution on this one. The headstock is strange but I can see that PRS was trying to retain some of their signature shape. That said, I really don't like the visuals on this one, from the inlays to the camo and the covered humbucker.

And might this be one of the first, if not the first, PRS to have a scalloped fingerboard from the factory?
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

the trouble i the prs body design in no way supports the usage of single coils it just doesn't suit single coils...its like sticking singlecoils on a les paul...unthinkable yet PRS still manage to do it ...and it looks shit...you wouldn't catch a les paul with a six a side headstock either...just totally wrong...i mean couldn't PRS tell it looked like dog shit like that...did they not at least try and convince dan that his piece looke dlike shit? everything but the camo finish sucks...and i can't get over how blocky the neck heel looks..
                        Last edited by sonicsamurai; 04-10-2006, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X