Jeff Beck???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Beck???

Did Jeff Beck actually ever use the Seymour Duncan JB or the JB Junior??
    Come to think of it... do many pro players actually use the pickups that are named after them??

Yeah, I always wondered about that too with Beck. I'm not sure when they released it but he's been playing almost only strats for a long time now. I think he stopped using LPs in the late 70s. When I saw him in 80 he played a tele and a strat. I have a bootleg from 78 with Stanley Clark where he's still using an LP but as far as I know that was probably abouth the end of it for him. Did that Jackson he played for a little while have a HB?
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy
      Yeah, I always wondered about that too with Beck. I'm not sure when they released it but he's been playing almost only strats for a long time now. I think he stopped using LPs in the late 70s. When I saw him in 80 he played a tele and a strat. I have a bootleg from 78 with Stanley Clark where he's still using an LP but as far as I know that was probably abouth the end of it for him. Did that Jackson he played for a little while have a HB?

The pickups that I most associate Jeff Beck with are the Fender Lace Sensors. Especially the set up with the Dually and the 2 singles.
      Now Fender has a vintage looking Jeff Beck signature single coil pickup.
      Regarding the Jackson that he played, it was for even a shorter time than the Les Paul. I have never seen him play it live. Only in advertisements.
      He did play a LP way back in the early to mid 70's but even that isn't the guitar he is associated with. It has always been strats and for a while.. tele's.
      Maybe the Duncan JB doesn't stand for Jeff Beck!!

Comment

The JB was designed for Jeff's "TelePaul", the dual hum Tele Jeff liked to play in the early '80s. It was indeed used in that guitar. However, Jeff refused to endorse the pickup, so Seymour changed the name to the Jazz/Blues. Much like the EVH was changed to the Even Voiced Harmonics and then the '78.

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by blindmuddy
          Did that Jackson he played for a little while have a HB?
          Both the pink and orange Soloists were SSS layout.

Comment

Speaking of Jeff Beck I just got two bootlegs in the mail, 1 from 78 with Stanley Clark and one from 80. Just put the 78 one in, sound quality is pretty good.
            http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Regarding seeing Jeff Beck using the Pink guitar - If you can find any bootleg videos (dvd or tape) of the CBS Convention in Hawaii were Jeff plays with Stevie Ray Vaughan and some girl blues singer - you will see and hear him use the Pink guitar. Awsome !

Comment

Working...
              X