steve harris question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steve harris question

does anyone know what basses steve harris used?

Comment

Anyone else think he should go back to the blue P-bass? The white one he's been playing for the past few years looks cool and all but I want to see Harris playign a blue bass dammit!
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Yep, P bass..nuthin' but!

He used to play with two Peavey Mrk III heads..back in the day..which is seen on the back cover on Killers..

They wern't bad heads at the time for the dough..I had two myself.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch
          Anyone else think he should go back to the blue P-bass? The white one he's been playing for the past few years looks cool and all but I want to see Harris playign a blue bass dammit!
          that IS the blue bass.. the one that he plays 99.9% of the time.

he cant go back to the blue bass, cos he is playing it all the time

he has fender P bases, a jazz bass, a lado unicorn or WTF that bass was and a guild acoustic bass.. the lado is retired, the jazz bass FAIK is used on records for chord work, the acoustic bass gets the remaining 0.1% of playtime
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Didnt he play LADO basses fro a short time as well?

Comment

and ibanez during the number of the beast. there are some pics of him with a white roadstar bass.

that whilte P-bass is the blue one, that was flat black before that, which was white before that. he's had that P-bass forever!!!
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                that IS the blue bass.. the one that he plays 99.9% of the time.
                he cant go back to the blue bass, cos he is playing it all the time
                he has fender P bases, a jazz bass, a lado unicorn or WTF that bass was and a guild acoustic bass.. the lado is retired, the jazz bass FAIK is used on records for chord work, the acoustic bass gets the remaining 0.1% of playtime
                Really? Then why is it the last 5 times I've seen Maiden he's played the White bass, not the Blue one?
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

beacuse the blue bass was refinished/restored in the fender custom shop and turned into the white bass.

blue bass/white bass = the same bass...just painted a different color
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD
                    beacuse the blue bass was refinished/restored in the fender custom shop and turned into the white bass.

blue bass/white bass = the same bass...just painted a different color
                    they can do that?!? The mind boggles....
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I was not aware it was the same bass, I stand corrected. It's not easy to recognize it as the old bass when its refinished and you are out in the crowd headbanging.

Comment

Given how intense he is onstage, I'm sure that bass has taken quite a pounding--probably has needed a lot of work over the years.

Comment

Working...
                        X