Got my Eddie Pic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Eddie Pic!

Been trying to get a pic of Eddie playing one of his Danelectro's for my upcoming book, and I just secured this pic. I'm psyched!

looks like he slapped a danny neck on his explorer cut up project guitar.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I'm surprised that he never became an athlete.

Comment

that was my heroe..I remenber those days!!!

he's the reason I'm here on this board..

He NEEDS to hook up with Jorne Lande put out some great music and redeem himself!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Amen,Bill!............
          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Got this one too...Notice the Strat right behind Eddie with the Dano' neck, and the Dano' leaning on the Marshall head on the floor.
            Last edited by Mr Graphic; 04-19-2006, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Those are some really cool pics. I never even knew he played a Danelectro.

Comment

wow I still have an old Cream magazine with that photo in it..our rehersal room looked that messy and my delusional Ed wannabe insisted our room messy because of that very pic..but I used to bring my girlfriends down there to bop 'em...so I used to vacuum the place and spray deoderant and whatnots..he used to get mad when I did that...because he was a flakey tool that never got laid..because he really thought he was Ed..he wasn't tho..he was just some clueless dickhole that copied VH pretty good!

He even started smoking just so he could put a cigerette in his headstock...what a tool!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

OH you see that big empty bomb shell.. that was his "rack" for his echolex..I really think it was a septic tank like in Joe Dirt

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
                    looks like he slapped a danny neck on his explorer cut up project guitar.
                    tutut...it was an ibanez destroyer ...still doesn't explain why he cut up a decent dounding guitar tho....he always said he regretted doing it....lucky chris holmes let him have his destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai
                      tutut...it was an ibanez destroyer ...still doesn't explain why he cut up a decent dounding guitar tho....he always said he regretted doing it....lucky chris holmes let him have his destroyer
                      It's neither...it's a Charvel star body. It was patterned after Ed's hacked up Destroyer.

Comment

Tell us more about your book...

Comment

Originally posted by paris is burning
                          Tell us more about your book...
                          +1
                          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                          Sully Guitars on Facebook
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks for asking...I co-wrote a book about vintage Danelectro's in 1995 titled "Guitars From Neptune". Even though it sold out, and was the first and only book ever done on the company, and that I'm proud of, the fact is that I had a crooked partner that ripped me off and screwed up the book. It was about 1/4 as cool as it should have been. He was in it for the $$, and I was in it for the love of it. Ultimately it got so bad that I had to hire an out of state attorney to stop the printing of the book! Anyway, fast forward ten years and I'm doing a new book solo, and it's going to be everything the first one should have been and more. Time for redemption...It'll be out in Sept., title is "Neptune Bound". They'll be 250 limited hardcover copies and 2,250 softcover. It will be the most complete work on the company ever written. Lots of cool stuff...even if you've never heard of Danelectro. Those pics above I got from Neil Zlozower {world famous rock photographer}. I'm smiling ear to ear right now...I talked to him earlier today, and he offered to hook me up with Warren DiMartini. Told me Warren just bought a Dano' and he'll give him my # and have Warren call me. He introduced Warren to his wife...he lives right down the street! This guy Neal hung out with Van Halen ALOT in 78/79/80. Check out his site for some Van Halen stories and TONS of great pics. http://www.zloz.com/index2.htm

Comment

man, that's great! and you're right, zloz is an incredibly cool guy.
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X