Any love for david t chastain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any love for david t chastain?

i been listening to his album 'The voice of the cult' and i have to say i really like his style of heavy shred metal...particularly 'child of evermore' with its slayer-esque riffery

Yeah, I have quite a few cds by him..and his friend Michael Harris..

I like their neo-classical metal band Zannister cds..not many care for it...but I think it's good!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

yeah he seems to have a few projects doesn't he? its quite hard trying to find stuff by him through just searching david t chastain

Comment

I've got several of his discs - some Chastain (the band), the Harris/Chastain live disc and a few of his solo discs. I wish like heck he'd put "Ruler of the Wasteland" on CD again. I'd love to have that on disc (instead of cassette) but I can't stomach the absurd prices when I see a copy on eBay.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I have one of his CDs - In An Outrage. I like it. The female vocalist is cool too.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I think Elegant Seduction is his best cd.

Comment

I got most of his stuff..I don't really know which one is his "best", that's subjective anywhoo..there is several that have their moments..

I guess I prefer his Zannister stuff now..the older stuff is cool, but some is showing it's age..I guess the Zannister stuff is a bit "fresh" IMO.

That chick on "In an outrage" sounds alot like his old singer "leather" to me.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yea I always liked Chastain ,I was the only guy into it around here. I' have instrumental variations and the 7th of never "I think thats the title". Anyway he's got a lot of stuff ,never saw him live.

Comment

I have Instrumental Variations on LP. It was never really one of my favorites, though the guy is undoubtedly a great player.

Comment

Chastain was a major influence nearly twenty years ago. Phenominal musician.

..and his friend Michael Harris..

Around the same time I was lucky enough to see Arch Rival play in a small club in Ohio. Along with their material, they (flawlessly) covered four Malmsteen tunes from Rising Force. Michael Harris is an incredible guitarist as well as my biggest inspiration. Nice to see his name mentioned.
                    Last edited by MadJack; 04-24-2006, 11:51 AM.
                    "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Arch Rival is killer..I got all three releases..Third degree Burn/Wake up your mind/In the face of danger..all three very good releases that I recomened..for fans of good old school metal/rock/shred music ...without any of the hardcore vox/bash beat/harsh stuff..just great guitar oriented music..anyone of David Chastain should truly appreciate this.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of David Chastain! I gotta say that the second Zanister album is pretty weak though.

Thus far I've got all his instrumental relases and pretty much everything else he's played on or produced. How can you not love the man that gave the world Firewind and Kenziner?

He needs to gt a lot more respect in the metal community ... him and Michael Harris, that live CD is fucking sick!
                        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

http://www.rockdetector.com/artist,2241.sm
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nobody mentioned "Thunder and Lighting"

Comment

Originally posted by paris is burning
                              Nobody mentioned "Thunder and Lighting"
                              You just did!!

Nobody mentioned Hurricane X

Not many peeps likes the Zanister stuff..but I like it!

Comment

Working...
                              X