Probot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probot?

anyone here got the Probot cd that Dave Grohl put out in 2004?

there are some cool kickass songs on there.

for those not up on this one, Dave wrote a bunch of new heavy songs along the lines of the older 80's hardcore and metal bands he listened to coming up. he wrote all the songs with specific singers in mind from those bands he loved, and then got them to sing on them. it kills.

it is a fucking cool project and shows Dave's heart and soul and what made him what he is today. plus there are some rocking songs on there. Dave is about the coolest motherfukker on earth.

TRACK LIST
    “Centuries Of Sin” w/ Cronos (Venom)
    “Red War” w/ Max Cavalera (Soulfly, Sepultura)
    “Shake Your Blood” w/ Lemmy (Motorhead)
    “Access Babylon” w/ Mike Dean (Corrosion of Conformity)
    ”Silent Spring” w/ Kurt Brecht (DRI)
    ”Ice Cold Man” w/ Lee Dorrian (Cathedral, Napalm Death)
    ”the Emerald Law” w/ Wino (St. Vitus, Obsessed, Spirit Caravan, Place of Skulls)
    ”Big Sky” w/Tom G. Warrior(Celtic Frost /Apollyon Sun)
    ”Dictatorsaurus” w/ Snake (Voivod)
    ”My Tortured Soul” w/ Eric Wagner (Trouble)
    ”Sweet Dreams” w/ King Diamond (Mercyful Fate)

if you don't have it, it's worth getting, for sure.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

This is an excellent album for those of you who haven't listened to it yet.
    Give it a listen,I love the whole album.

Comment

Since I'm a MAJOR Voivod fanboy, I had to get this coz Snake is on it. It's actually a really good rocking album with great production too. The hidden track makes me crack up too. Jack Black at his Metalest. Red War is awesome.
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I´m not really into King Diamond, but Sweet Dreams is one awesome song!

Comment

I've heard Shake Your Blood.

Other tracks look interesting too.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I gave it a listen, definitely wasn't impressed. All the songs seemed quite average. I prefer pretty much every artist's prior achievements. Somewhat cool for the retro value, but that's it.

The Eric Wagner track is good, as is the single and the KD track... But the Tom G Warrior track is lame as well as the lost Soulfly song. I remember his initial press stuff about the record was all about how it was metal and he was dropping some speed metal band names as well, but I listened to it and it seemed to be a lot of stoner rock to me. So if you're into stoner rock definitely pick it up.

Cool concept though.

Same thing goes for the Roadrunner United... Awesome concept, execution left a bit to be desired.

Comment

Red War is awesome!
              The whole album is just solid.
              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

My favourite song off this one is 'ice cold man' with Lee Dorian. Cool early Cathedral immitation.

Comment

glad to see that some peeps here have sucked this great cd up!
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                  X