No announcement yet.

Yet more Gary Moore / Thin Lizzy vid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet more Gary Moore / Thin Lizzy vid...

This shit just KILLS

Don't Believe a Word
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Parisienne Walkways
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Waiting for an Alibi

Gawd I freaking love this band, always have.....I had "Live and Dangerous" on 8 track when it first came out.....and I'm headfirst back into Les Paul gluttony...

Steve E

Thanks for sharing that.Gary damn sure puts his heart into it and Phil's vocals are silky,what a shame........................
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Amazing stuff!! Too bad that the great ones always die first!!
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Steve,

Very cool stuff. Up until lately I was never really into Thin Lizzy except for the big hits (Boy are Back in Town, Jailbreak). Since I got my last Les Paul in January (a 1977 Custom) I've really gotten into Thin Lizzy because this axe just NAILS those tones with my Marshall. Those weak ass T-Top pickups suck for Metal (no fatness) but have great bark and bite for playing 70's stuff.

The only CD of theirs that I have is the Dedication CD, but the more I hear of Thin Lizzy the more I like it.

Comment

Don, there's a lot of unison double guitar heaven waiting for you out there on the Lizzy albums. Chinatown, Black Rose, Renegade... just to name a few great albums.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
            Steve,

Very cool stuff. Up until lately I was never really into Thin Lizzy except for the big hits (Boy are Back in Town, Jailbreak). Since I got my last Les Paul in January (a 1977 Custom) I've really gotten into Thin Lizzy because this axe just NAILS those tones with my Marshall. Those weak ass T-Top pickups suck for Metal (no fatness) but have great bark and bite for playing 70's stuff.

The only CD of theirs that I have is the Dedication CD, but the more I hear of Thin Lizzy the more I like it.
            Hey Don -

Glad you enjoyed it

I would highly recommend getting "Live and Dangerous" - that will be the one that sends you over...Gary Moore isn't on there, but it's just a killer disc...the actual "Jailbreak" album is one of my all time favorites.....

Also, I've been holding out from spewing for about two weeks now - but *gasp* I think I've located the magic Les Paul.....I did a trade for an Aiken Tomcat rig for a dead mint 2001 Standard that could be a Page clone. Just an awesome player, looker and sounder. Best of the 6 or so I've owned...

Heavy doses of Lizzy have followed...Gary Moore is just awesome in the above clips. Check out his newer live DVD too.

Steve E

Comment

Ah well, out of those clips I think only one of them was actually Thin Lizzy

"Don't Believe a Word" was Gary Moore & friends during the promo for his "Out On The Streets" album (Hence Cozy Powell & Don Airey on drums & keys).
              "Parisienne Walkways" looks like it came from Gary Moore's "Victims of The Future" tour judging by Mr Moore's very dodgy bacofoil outfit.

Yeah, I'm that old I'm amazed that I can remember it
              Model 3
              Model 5A
              Model 3B
              Journeyman
              Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

Originally posted by SteveK
                Ah well, out of those clips I think only one of them was actually Thin Lizzy

"Don't Believe a Word" was Gary Moore & friends during the promo for his "Out On The Streets" album (Hence Cozy Powell & Don Airey on drums & keys).
                "Parisienne Walkways" looks like it came from Gary Moore's "Victims of The Future" tour judging by Mr Moore's very dodgy bacofoil outfit.

Yeah, I'm that old I'm amazed that I can remember it
                Steve -

Good eye Besides "alibi.." the other two are sort of Lizzy Light - the key ingredients are there though with Phil and Gorham....it would've been killer if Cozy was a permanent Lizzy member....

Steve E

Comment

Working...
                X