No announcement yet.

Yet more Gary Moore / Thin Lizzy vid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet more Gary Moore / Thin Lizzy vid...

This shit just KILLS

Don't Believe a Word
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ALr...h=thin%20lizzy

Parisienne Walkways
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIYMe...h=thin%20lizzy

Waiting for an Alibi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=141t4...h=thin%20lizzy

Gawd I freaking love this band, always have.....I had "Live and Dangerous" on 8 track when it first came out.....and I'm headfirst back into Les Paul gluttony...

Steve E

Thanks for sharing that.Gary damn sure puts his heart into it and Phil's vocals are silky,what a shame........................
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Amazing stuff!! Too bad that the great ones always die first!!
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Steve,

Very cool stuff. Up until lately I was never really into Thin Lizzy except for the big hits (Boy are Back in Town, Jailbreak). Since I got my last Les Paul in January (a 1977 Custom) I've really gotten into Thin Lizzy because this axe just NAILS those tones with my Marshall. Those weak ass T-Top pickups suck for Metal (no fatness) but have great bark and bite for playing 70's stuff.

The only CD of theirs that I have is the Dedication CD, but the more I hear of Thin Lizzy the more I like it.

Comment

Don, there's a lot of unison double guitar heaven waiting for you out there on the Lizzy albums. Chinatown, Black Rose, Renegade... just to name a few great albums.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
            Steve,

Very cool stuff. Up until lately I was never really into Thin Lizzy except for the big hits (Boy are Back in Town, Jailbreak). Since I got my last Les Paul in January (a 1977 Custom) I've really gotten into Thin Lizzy because this axe just NAILS those tones with my Marshall. Those weak ass T-Top pickups suck for Metal (no fatness) but have great bark and bite for playing 70's stuff.

The only CD of theirs that I have is the Dedication CD, but the more I hear of Thin Lizzy the more I like it.
            Hey Don -

Glad you enjoyed it

I would highly recommend getting "Live and Dangerous" - that will be the one that sends you over...Gary Moore isn't on there, but it's just a killer disc...the actual "Jailbreak" album is one of my all time favorites.....

Also, I've been holding out from spewing for about two weeks now - but *gasp* I think I've located the magic Les Paul.....I did a trade for an Aiken Tomcat rig for a dead mint 2001 Standard that could be a Page clone. Just an awesome player, looker and sounder. Best of the 6 or so I've owned...

Heavy doses of Lizzy have followed...Gary Moore is just awesome in the above clips. Check out his newer live DVD too.

Steve E

Comment

Ah well, out of those clips I think only one of them was actually Thin Lizzy

"Don't Believe a Word" was Gary Moore & friends during the promo for his "Out On The Streets" album (Hence Cozy Powell & Don Airey on drums & keys).
              "Parisienne Walkways" looks like it came from Gary Moore's "Victims of The Future" tour judging by Mr Moore's very dodgy bacofoil outfit.

Yeah, I'm that old I'm amazed that I can remember it
              Model 3
              Model 5A
              Model 3B
              Journeyman
              Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

Originally posted by SteveK
                Ah well, out of those clips I think only one of them was actually Thin Lizzy

"Don't Believe a Word" was Gary Moore & friends during the promo for his "Out On The Streets" album (Hence Cozy Powell & Don Airey on drums & keys).
                "Parisienne Walkways" looks like it came from Gary Moore's "Victims of The Future" tour judging by Mr Moore's very dodgy bacofoil outfit.

Yeah, I'm that old I'm amazed that I can remember it
                Steve -

Good eye Besides "alibi.." the other two are sort of Lizzy Light - the key ingredients are there though with Phil and Gorham....it would've been killer if Cozy was a permanent Lizzy member....

Steve E

Comment

Working...
                X