And on guitar...Tommy Aldridge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And on guitar...Tommy Aldridge.

Guitar One did a review of Whitesnake's new DVD, and they said that guitarists Tommy Aldridge and Reb Beach provided a phenomenal one-two punch. Hmmmm...I watched that DVD and I coulda swore Tommy played the drums and DOUG ALDRICH played guitar with Reb. It's bad enough that the guy never got any respect back in the 80's, but I would have thought that a magazine like Guitar One would know the difference between Tommy Aldridge and Doug Aldrich. I bet the guy that wrote the review had never heard more than two different Whitesnake songs in his life before he watched the DVD...if he watched it at all.

That's sad!
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I just read that the other day myself. I think it warrants an email to G1.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986
        I just read that the other day myself. I think it warrants an email to G1.
        I actually did email G1 about that error. So if Tommy played that cool black Les Paul in that DVD, I guess that means that Doug Aldrich played drums. :ROTF:
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I met Tommy a long time ago. He was at a music store before doing a drum clinic. I was there with members of my band and they told me to go get his autograph, so I did.

I'm talking to him and the pen I handed him fucking broke and ink got all over the guy. I felt like shit over that. Dude excused himself, went to the bathroom and washed his hands, came back like nothing happened. Very cool about it. I apologized to him and he said dude, shit happens and signed an autograph for me... With a different pen!

I did learn one other thing about him though... He does not like being asked about Randy. Some dude at the clinic did and he wasn't happy about it.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I saw that mess up myself or should I say screw up! To me Doug Aldrich is one of the best guitarists out there. I've got his stuff dating back with when he was in the band Lion. The poor guy never got much recognition anyway and now that he has a chance they still don't get it right.... Sad indeed...

Comment

I just got a copy of Lion's "Dangerous Attraction" a few weeks ago. Doug's a great player. I really like his performance with Dio (studio and the live DVD) as well as Whitesnake. Reb Beach is a great player, but Doug really was the "guitar star" on the Whitesnake DVD, IMHO.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Yep I saw that. That is sad for a guitar magazine to get that wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X