No announcement yet.

How about some live Uli Roth! Video...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about some live Uli Roth! Video...

I finally took the time to shrink and upload this video to youtube. Uli Roth live at some festival in Europe. This video is on his site, but since it is always down, I don't think alot of people have seen it. There are some absolutely stunning moments here... You can see where Yngwie's influence really came from.

Sky Overture
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e5072S-hBg

Enjoy!
    Last edited by khabibissell; 05-04-2006, 10:07 PM.

Thanx! Do you maybe have some more of his videos with sky orchestra? I'd die for those!

Comment

I have another video of Uli playing with Schenker, Phil Moog, Pete Way, and Don Airey doing "Rock Bottom". It is from the same festival.

Comment

That is THE man!!!

You can hear alot of players in that dude..Friedman, Yngwie, even Becker..that guy just got better with time..unlike many other players..

Uli is truly in a class all his own..

I'll be seeing him with the wife next week..I hope he does this song..I know Jeff Scott Soto will be singing!!!

Uli is God!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
          I'll be seeing him with the wife next week..I hope he does this song..I know Jeff Scott Soto will be singing!!!
          I'll be at his show in N.Va. next week--Jeff Scott Soto is singing???? Holy fuck, that's going to be a great one! Uli's vocals are only the weak point about his shows, but if he's got a real singer with him...I think I'm getting verklempt.

Comment

I'm going to hopefully pick up Tokyo Tapes during lunch. The solo at the end of We'll Burn the Sky is

Comment

I know Uli is the innovator..but the Swede does it better.

Sorry boys, I will step into my kevlar undies now......

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

That is a tough one. You can hear that Yngwie got alot of his licks and ideas from Uli. Their tone is very similar too. This is a recent video, but Uli was doing similar stuff in the early 70's (you probably know that).

I think the main difference is that Uli plays for the song more than Yngwie does. Yngwie goes off the deep end quite a bit.

Comment

Mike, Yngwie tis but a nodule on Uli's beanbag..IMO

YES, Jeff Scott Sotto..My wife is soooooo relived that Uli isn't singing..

I'm sure he will step up to the mic tho..he always does..

How could a guy with perfect pitch like that sing like Kermit the frog with down syndrome..

Hey, it's uli..ummmm...let him sing..he seems to get into his playing when he does..just tune him out till he gets to the solo!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yngwie plays for Yngwie..while all his singers stand behind his Marshalls ..flipping him the bird (true)

Uli plays for the music..and from the heart...he doesn't have that constant "look at me" syndrome!

Nay sayers..get Uli's Vivaldi's four seasons cd..YJM couldn't touch that on his best day..not like that!!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                      Yngwie plays for Yngwie..while all his singers stand behind his Marshalls ..flipping him the bird (true)

Uli plays for the music..and from the heart...he doesn't have that constant "look at me" syndrome!

Nay sayers..get Uli's Vivaldi's four seasons cd..YJM couldn't touch that on his best day..not like that!!
                      Yngwie blows your fucking socks off and his attitude is appropriate...if he were humble, it would suck. He is the same way when not on stage, I met him in SEARS of all places in 1993, he was lost, ranting and raving and I worked there and helped him find his way out. He was dressed just like he does to perform...and had one hot-ass dick ornament with him.

I am going to see the fat fucker on the 26th and I am pumped!!

This says is all...right here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gh_AChZgYmA&search=marshall

Mike
                      Last edited by MBreinin; 05-05-2006, 04:09 PM.
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

All bow down to the master of all that is guitar.
                        ULI JON ROTH

That video proves it. CASE CLOSED.

BTW... he was playing those riffs around 1974!!!
                        Anybody want to say: "ahead of his time"

Listening to Uli play and seeing and hearing the passion he brings to the guitar makes me a little teary.

Comment

Oh yea.. and another thing.
                          If it wasn't for Uli there could quite possible be no neo-classical shredders... EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                            Oh yea.. and another thing.
                            If it wasn't for Uli there could quite possible be no neo-classical shredders... EVER.
                            Amen!

Comment

Let me elaborate briefly ..YJM had the biggest role bringing "neo classical".. to the masses..had everyone sweeping and whatnots..

But Uli sowed the seed...that spawned the likes of Yngwie..

YJM..did it first..it was close tho..in early '85 Tony MacAlpine put out his first "Edge of Insanity"..that material was already years old..Then well that opened the floodgates..Vinnie Moore, Greg Howe and so on..

Yngwie opened those floodgates..and had a song on the radio..Alcatrazz's "island in the sun" for a short time..

BUT..Like John G said..Uli was doing this stuff a decade before that..but his music wasn't marketable..and still isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X