No announcement yet.

Necrophagist, Arsis, Neuraxis, Alarum tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered my new Symbyosis dcd from the band. Took a long time but it was worth it. Their guitarist is really quite talented. In addition to the new stuff, the redone old tracks and the covers are killer! Bill - the Listenable version of it is/was available from The End. It has a slightly different layout, 1 massive booklet instead of 2 seperate ones. Well worth buying wherever you get it.

Scott
    Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

Thanks Scott..now yer just teasin' me!!

OK dammit..I'll buy it right from their site..hell I can't even find a single distro that stocks it..not even on Ebay..

OK..the band gets my money..well they are my fave and the derserve every ounce of my support!!

I have their "the fluid" and "Crisis" of course..so I NEED to get this one..they truly own..

the guitarist is sick and I dig his tone!

OH BTW..they just re-issued Theory in Practice "third eye blind"..if you don't have that one get it..I have the original..I like it very much!!

I think that's the only prog death album I need to complete my collection at this time..

here is some of my favorite crazy, off the wall, obscure tech stuff..first is Symbyosis(they rule)/Theory in Pratice/Martyr/Sceptic, Arsis/Cynic/the alrum/Capharnuam/necrophagist/Farmakon/Lunaris/newer Broken Hope/Cryptopsy/Sadist/Believer/Sadus/Gory Blister/Mekong Delta/watchtower/spastic Ink/Atheist/ psycroptic/..and our own JCFer Severed Savior is cool..I could gel wih that band well...well there is more but that's off the top of my head..Oh Coroner was always a fave as well as Mekong Delta....I think Coroner got the ball rolling for me in that direction.

Steve DGiorgio and I had lunch together and we showed each other and shard some of our bass chops..he was a cool guy that was passing thru the airport when I worked there..while he was in Testament..we seemed to hit it off..and I was in my cop uniform..slappin and tappin' all over his fretless bass..I think that caught him by surprise..

well he told me to slow down and show him some tappin' shit I was do..so I had his interest..and he had mine!

That was a great meeting..I had a similair meeting with Stu Hamm..we talk the same kind of language..; P
      Last edited by horns666; 05-08-2006, 11:39 PM.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That tour comes here in about 2 weeks, I am definitely looking forward. I love Arsis, really looking forward to seeing them, that is my primary reason for going. I wish Neuraxis was on the bill, that would be to good to be true, they are a fantastic band. I saw them last about 5 weeks ago, and I would see them as many times as they came here. Instead we get Ion Dissonance, another Quebec band, who I have seen before. They are wild live, just crazy intense. I like them, but not as much as Neuraxis. Necrophagist I want to see them because I'd like to see Mo shred away, but otherwise they are not a band that does much for me.

Comment

They must be using the cabinets provided at the venue - on the returntothepit pictures, all three bands are playing through Marshall cabinets, but Muhammud is running an ENGL with his rack, not a 5150. Strange! I wonder why he used the 5150? He's been an ENGL whore for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by DSS3
            They must be using the cabinets provided at the venue - on the returntothepit pictures, all three bands are playing through Marshall cabinets, but Muhammud is running an ENGL with his rack, not a 5150. Strange! I wonder why he used the 5150? He's been an ENGL whore for as long as I can remember.
            Here's the score, as I understand it. They started the tour using the Marshall cabs and ENGL SE's (along with their respective racks). At one of the shows about a week or so ago (Ohio, I think?) a representative of Vader cabs drove up to the venue early and delivered two fullstacks of Vader cabs to them and they've been using those since... I'm assuming something must've gone wrong with Muhammed's ENGL SE which is why he was using the 5150II...

Comment

Did Arsis do "Diamond For Disease" in it's entirety? Or did they pull out any newer stuff in general?
              D4D is like 13 minutes long, so I would think if they did it at all, it would be abbriviated.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
                Did Arsis do "Diamond For Disease" in it's entirety? Or did they pull out any newer stuff in general?
                D4D is like 13 minutes long, so I would think if they did it at all, it would be abbriviated.
                They played the first 5-7 minutes of A Diamond For Disease as their opener. There is also one part of the song where Jim's doing an ascending sort of tapping type lick while screaming / growling. They played two songs that haven't been recorded, and the rest of their set was stuff from A Celebration Of Guilt; Worship Depraved, The Sadistic Motives Behind Bereavement Letters, and The Face Of My Innocence. Their set was far too short. 30-35 minutes.

Comment

Thanks for the tour report.

Hey Bill, you know Profanity from germany ? They play also quite technical death metal. Homepage here:

You can download some stuff from them. The springs within is a good starting point.

Maybe you will like them.

Flo
                  http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

I think Bill's heard lots of profanity
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                      I think Bill's heard lots of profanity
                      Something tells me you could be right

Flo

Comment

I dig profanity! Ehr..I mean this band!

Comment

Got the new Symbyosis, and Arsis today...didn't open them yet..

something to do later when my buddy comes over while I get baked!

profanity...Oh yeah, I good with that chit!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah but listen to the band. Could be your cup of tea (then again what metal don't you like )

Flo

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death
                              Yeah but listen to the band. Could be your cup of tea (then again what metal don't you like )

Flo
                              -core? nu-?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

...Well I like ALL good "metal"..true metal..

I love death and black metal as well..but just because it growls, screeches and blasts does not mandate as "good" metal...oh hell no!

In fact there are MANY metal bands that should never left their mom's basement..or garage...yeesh..

there is more bad metal bands out there than good..and there's is alot of great ones out there..I can't even keep up with the good stuff..as much as I try.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X