X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necrophagist, Arsis, Neuraxis, Alarum tour

Gear...

Necrophagist...
    Muhammed - BC Rich Stealth, TC Electronic G-Force (with Necrophagist scrolling across), Peavey 5150 II (a friend of mine took a snapshot of the settings I will get it from him and post them), ISP Decimator was in his rack but turned off, Vader 4x12 Fullstack. Muhammad didn't use a noisegate, just switched to his clean channel whenever he wasn't playing. Interestingly enough Stefan (bass) switched between Muhammed's different effects patches for him (at least tonight).

Sami - Amfisound Custom RR, ISP Decimator, TC Electronic G-Major, ENGL SE, Vader 4x12 Fullstack

All other touring bands used the Vader Fullstacks for their cabs.

Arsis.
    Jim - Rocktron Voodoo Valve (whatever it is called) and a QSC power amp, Pink RG550 w/EMGs (with a hairtie at the locking nut to help mute the strings)

Other guy - Rocktron Voodoo Valve, some other rack gear, but I didn't get a good look at it

Neuraxis
    Will - Jackson Professional Dinky, Boss GT-6 into Muhammed's 5150II.

Rob - Neckthru BC Rich with a normal body shape (not sure the model), 5150.

Alarum
    Guy #1 - Steinberger of some sort, Digitech 2120 into a 5150II
    Guy #2 - No clue on his gear, but he was running into a 5150

Show had two local openers, one which was not my thing at all (metalcore with some nice guitar work), one which was a great local death metal band.

Alarum was pretty boring. I'm into Atheist and Cynic but honestly they didn't really do anything for me. They covered Death's Flattening Of Emotions as their last song which got them a positive response from the crowd. Otherwise it was sort of boring with some awesome solos in each song.

Neuraxis was quality. Very enjoyable set. One thing I like about all those Montreal bands is that they all sound totally different. Very aggressive with interesting changes over their music. Their vocalist was a bit of a goofball on stage, but they definitely put on a good show. The bassist pretty much headbanged nonstop from the beginning of every song until the end.

Arsis was great as well. They sound exactly like the album live, maybe with just a little bit of differences in the vocal performance. Jim did some pretty wacky parts where he was doing some very fast tapping (and switching between two strings) while doing vocals at a totally different pace with significantly different phrasing too. Very cool.

Necrophagist delivered the goods as well. Very tight performance and relentless. They, too, sound identicle to the album as well. No resting during their set. One slightly disappointing bit was that they played only around 45 minutes.

sounds good!

i love necrophagist.. who says death metal is all screaming and no talent?

Comment

Awesome! Thanks dude. I love Arsis. In fact, I'm wearing my ACOG shirt right now! Jim is a wicked musician. Disappointed that tour isn't coming here.

I'm hoping they release that Ballet Deviare performance on DVD this year. That would be cool to see.
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

All willowtip records Prog Death metal roster.. awesome!!!

I wished Capharnaum was on the bill...but this is cool enough..

I'm still waiting for the new Smbyosis..they're my fave Prog death band!!!

OH BTW.. they reisssued the '93 Believer album too..that's a good one!!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've had the new double cd Symbyosis for a while, its amazing!!!!

Ordered it direct from the band off their website.

i've spotted it up for download on a site i check for live video bootlegs.. :E

Comment

Originally posted by InFlamed666
            I've had the new double cd Symbyosis for a while, its amazing!!!!

Ordered it direct from the band off their website.

i've spotted it up for download on a site i check for live video bootlegs.. :E
            Thanks for the tip..I'll do that!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's a killer lineup. Capharnaum would be a great addition!

Comment

Was it a Stealth, or his typical Vigier Marilyn?

Badass that he was using a 5150, though! I have a bootleg video of them where his amp isn't visible, but Christian was using a 5150... no noisegate, funny as hell watching him stomp on the clean channel footswitch whenever he had a moment of silence in a song.

Comment

Originally posted by DSS3
                  Was it a Stealth, or his typical Vigier Marilyn?

Badass that he was using a 5150, though! I have a bootleg video of them where his amp isn't visible, but Christian was using a 5150... no noisegate, funny as hell watching him stomp on the clean channel footswitch whenever he had a moment of silence in a song.
                  He left his Vigier back home and decided to bring his BC Rich Stealth instead. And whenever there was a moment of silence he stomped on the channel switcher. Even more entertaining was how Stefan changed the patches on his G-Force for him when he'd go into solos.

Comment

Here are Muhammed's 5150II settings

Rhythm (used as basically an "off")
                    Pre - 5.1 (just a hair past 5)
                    Low - 6
                    Mid - 2
                    High - 2
                    Post - 0
                    Resonance - 4.7
                    Presence - 3.7

Lead
                    Pre - 8 (so the tip of the knob is covering the top half of the 8)
                    Low - 4.5
                    Mid - 5
                    High - Just a little below 7
                    Post - 3.5
                    Resonance - 5
                    Presence - 5.2

Comment

I can't wait to see that show ... here's hopeing I didnt miss the NY date yet!
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Also, as an added plug, the bands are supposedly really strapped for cash on this tour so if you can manage it try and buy some merch from them.

Comment

Fuck, they come through on this Saturday for LA... why do I have to be completely fucking broke!?

Comment

Ugh, on second thought, they're playing the 'California metal fest,' which basically means the above mentioned bands, and a shitload of that new shitty trend of hardcore bands that rip off deathmetal influences - From a Second Story Window, Scars of Tomorrow, Sworn Enemy, Ion Dissonance, Caliban, Suicide Silence...

Meh. I'd almost rather miss this, but Necro NEVER tours the US, and Arsis is fucking amazing.

Comment

Dudes..I'm listening The Alarum "Eventuality" right now....

Then I'll play some Gory Blister..and THEN..all three Atheist re-issues

I likes the crwazy stuff!!!

Technical Prog Death RULES!!

Comment

Working...
                              X