Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nevermore: Chris Broderick & Jeff Loomis Guitar Solo Dual

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5zV-IlSvP4

Pretty entertaining to watch, the ending solos where the play in harmony was pretty fukkin cool

Edit: Great video of Enemies of Reality played live. Can't wait for em to come back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxT3qP4N2CI This is the kinda stuff I wish they'd release on DVD
    Last edited by IrfaanSE801; 05-08-2006, 11:13 AM.

LOL, i was just about to post that one, too.

what can i say? jeff loomis = GOD
    i mean, broderick is an outstanding player, but jeff loomis....words can't describe jeff loomis.
    too bad they didn't do something like that when i saw em last year

Comment

good shit

man i wish people would put the whole concerts up instead of clips... damn you tube!

I was in the crowd at the Enemies Of Reality clip, wacken 2004!!!

Great, but they had better sound in Graspop the following year

Comment

I was at that show last night where that clip was filmed--holy crap, those guys tore the place up!!! I'm still recovering from the brutal beating that Nevermore gave to my senses.

I have to say, Broderick and Loomis were very well matched, but Loomis cut through a lot more on his Schecter than Broderick did on his Ibanez 1527. But you couldn't tell at all that they just drafted Broderick for the tour--it sounded like he'd been playing with Nevermore for years. That solo duel brought the house down. Loomis is unreal, and the great thing is that he just stands there calmly and rips it up.

Comment

Cool stuff, but it ain't no Paul Gilbert.
          Last edited by Big D; 05-08-2006, 01:38 PM.

Comment

It should be illegal to be that good on guitar. And that goes to both of them !

Flo
            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

I saw Nevermore with every secondary player they had..Tim Calvert was THE best match for Loomis..he wen't head to head..I mean he really gave Jeff a run for his money..

Me and Tim hit it off at the show..I called him at home..but he had to quit music and is a airline pilot to support his family..metal wasn't the bills..unfortunately..

I was talking to Chris Broderick a couple years ago about his rythm spot in Nevermore which he did an awesome job on such short notice..Harry Conklin and I became friends..(I'm in the credits on the age of mastery cd) evertime Jag Panzer plays Cleveland he wears my police shirt I gave him..and Tim was goin' nuts for my badge, so I gave him one..well it was a broken one..and I had plenty more.

you can really hear the Nevermore influence on Casting the Stone..that first song IS Nevermore..

Harry was bummed at first when Chris joined the band because they missed Joey Tafolla..but I must say Chris really busted ass and became a monster player..now Harry wouldn't trade Chris for Joey for the world..he'd prolly take Loomis tho..

I would love to see Chris do some solos in Nevermore ..especially with Steve being sick..that's a bummer..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

both are excellent guitarist ,i saw Chris Broderick (in youtube) he is a perfect guitarist , but jeff loomis for nevermore ,nevermore for jeff

Comment

I agree with pro-fusion, it was awesome to watch. I flipped them both off when they dropped into the Yngwie piece...
                  Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

That Loomis can motor.

It is a tough call for me...Yngwie is on Friday the 26th and then Nevermore with In Flames, or whatever that band is called, is the next day. Both at the House of Blues. The wallet can only sustain one show...drinking at the HOB requires a second mortgage....and I think my cash is going to the Swede.

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Mike that is truly awesome news..I want a FULL report on the Nevermore show!!

and tell me how YJM is doing to..I've seen him and well...I know what he's all about..

Jeff always seems to evoke a surprise from me at every show..with shock and awe!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666

and tell me how YJM is doing to..I've seen him and well...I know what he's all about..

Jeff always seems to evoke a surprise from me at every show..with shock and awe!!
                        Well, I don't know if I can swing both shows.....so it may be Yngwie only.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666

Saw YJM in December on the Unleash The Fury tour - still kicking ass! The singer was fucking awesome, he actually had the bottom part of the mic stand fly off and hit this cokehead woman in the face! It was so fucking funny!

His lead tones were kickass, and the rest of the band is just alive and playing everything perfect. Definately a worthy show!

Comment

I like Jeff's playing in Nevermore, but I thought those solos he did in that video were BORING!

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy
                              I like Jeff's playing in Nevermore, but I thought those solos he did in that video were BORING!
                              what video..

"Boring"??

Ummm..OK..

Comment

Working...
                              X