No announcement yet.

Nevermore: Chris Broderick & Jeff Loomis Guitar Solo Dual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also at this show and I recorded the guitar duel as well. I will compress it soon and put it up on here for you guys

I also have the River Dragon solos, and the Happy Birthday song to Jim.

Comment

Where were you standing? I wonder if I was right near you and never knew it was you.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaga
        dreams come true
        I see myself inside of you.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's OK Troy your retraction of the word "Boring" is good enough for me..

I'll always go to bat for Jeff..just like Mike and Jimmy does for Eddie..

Like I said, Ed is IMMORTAL and he didn't die yet...that says a hell of alot..

His contributions to rock guitar is unmatched IMO..he did it all..he had the 'tude..the tone..the look..all his innovations on guitar and amps..those are some VERY big shoes to fill..that will never be filled again..not like that..Ed was a monster!!

Ed is why I am here ..he kicked my fucking ass...I listen to the old stuff and played the old stuff every night and it still kicked my ass..

But now Jeff is kicking my ass..I'm just diggin' what he's doing..it just sounds "fresh"...and it inspires me very much..just the way Ed did.

OK, is that better Mike...I still love you and Jimmy

Bill
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
            That's OK Troy your retraction of the word "Boring" is good enough for me..

I'll always go to bat for Jeff..just like Mike and Jimmy does for Eddie..

Like I said, Ed is IMMORTAL and he didn't die yet...that says a hell of alot..

His contributions to rock guitar is unmatched IMO..he did it all..he had the 'tude..the tone..the look..all his innovations on guitar and amps..those are some VERY big shoes to fill..that will never be filled again..not like that..Ed was a monster!!

Ed is why I am here ..he kicked my fucking ass...I listen to the old stuff and played the old stuff every night and it still kicked my ass..

But now Jeff is kicking my ass..I'm just diggin' what he's doing..it just sounds "fresh"...and it inspires me very much..just the way Ed did.

OK, is that better Mike...I still love you and Jimmy

Bill
            Oh, I was being facetious. Loomis is a rippin' smoker...from a technical standpoint he would destroy Eddie. I don't know if he can groove like Ed though! But, I was just making a joke.

I am digging my Nevermore dowloads more and more. It is time for a few more. My favorite so far is River Dragon.

It is heavy, but much more accessable than, let's say, some cookie monster band. Great guitar work, great vocals (with some funny lyrics) and a kick ass rhythm section.

I dig it!

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
              Oh, I was being facetious. Loomis is a rippin' smoker...from a technical standpoint he would destroy Eddie. I don't know if he can groove like Ed though! But, I was just making a joke.

I am digging my Nevermore dowloads more and more. It is time for a few more. My favorite so far is River Dragon.

It is heavy, but much more accessable than, let's say, some cookie monster band. Great guitar work, great vocals (with some funny lyrics) and a kick ass rhythm section.

I dig it!

Mike
              Mike, Yeah I know were just goofin....

I really meant what I said about Ed..

He did groove like a Mo Fo..

Jeff's got his own thing goin'..je's not like alot of players out there..I have been digging his stuff since '96

I'm really glad that you are sharing the joy...I LOVE Nevermore!

The more you listen to them..the more you love it...well I do!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                Mike, Yeah I know were just goofin....

I really meant what I said about Ed..

He did groove like a Mo Fo..

Jeff's got his own thing goin'..je's not like alot of players out there..I have been digging his stuff since '96

I'm really glad that you are sharing the joy...I LOVE Nevermore!

The more you listen to them..the more you love it...well I do!!
                Well, I only have four songs downloaded...River Dragon, Sentient 6, Godless Endeavor and Sell My Heart for Stones....but I listen to them everyday. What should I download next? I am willing to drop another $5.

Mike

p.s. Is Loomis Johhny Winter's illegitimate kid, or what?
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Yeah..he is pretty pale..

He would burn in the sun..

Oh heck Mike, just get the Godless Endevour..start from there..and go backwards..

Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X