No announcement yet.

Robbin Crosby....RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt get a sense that the show glorified the drug use. In fact I thought the RC interviews portrayed the downfall that is inevitable.

Do I feel sorry for RC... No, he lived a fast life & it caught up to him, but that doesnt mean it wasnt tragic. Look @ the potential that was lost. How many others cheated that fate (Mustaine, Slash, Ellefson,, Nikki Six, etc) & now have cleaned up/kicked the habit/or maybe somewhat tamed the deamons & are being very productive individuals in the music industry. Also guys you have to remember the attitude of the nation during the 80s, go big or go home, hell everything was over the top, the more over the top the better. That certainly adds fuel to a already smoldering fire.

Say what you want but I think the other members who essentially ditched him, deserve to be smacked in the head repeatedly. Come on guys they called him friend & you dont ditch/dump on your friends like that. I'll say ok maybe he wasnt able to continue playing w/ the band (chops not up to snuff/habits still lurking/health), but damn they could have @ least shown some respect given him their time/company & hey maybe even given some cash.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

i'd also like to state (not sure if i already did...if so, sorry) that the "robbin couldn't play" part of the btm episode was a lie. there was no rehearsal with robbin, and they had no intention of him ever joining the band. once they saw how he looked, he wasn't getting back in. he knew that, and he understood why they felt that way to an extent, but he packed up his life and moved back to california with the thought that he was going to rejoin his band, and the rug was pulled out from under him.

i've seen video from the band that he was in just before the 1996 reunion and he played just fine. actually a little gilmourish.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

wow..

Some people need to do some research on addiction (and pot) before they speak up. I'm not going to debate those topics in this thread...

back to the thread title...I saw the Ratt VH show last night. I thought it was a good show. Yeah it was sad but life can be sad. They weren't doing anything that most of us weren't doing in the 80's...(albeit on a much smaller scale on most things).

Do I feel bad for Robbin and wished he could have came out of it and go back at it? hell yeah but I take what he said in the the interview...: "I've lived the life of 10 men". He experienced more in his 42 years on earth than many people do in 82. When I think about it in those terms I don't feel as bad. Its not how long of a journey that matters, its what you experience along the way...
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

You know i watched the show last night, and my thoughts are this, and these thoughts are expressed by how i feel BTM betrayed what was going on.

I feel bad for Robin, he seemed like a really nice guy, it is shame he couldnt overcome the shadow of Warren and realize his was a great guitarist in his own style.

But personaly i think, if there was a band that should have never been, Ratt is it. And i dont say that because i dont like the music, in fact I love Ratt songs, amazes me they made such great music in an enviroment they were in.

Maybe it is me, but i would have never stayed in a band like that, if i am not friends with my fellow band members that i just wont be in it.

Now wether they were all close friends before and just grew to hate each other i am not sure. But the way it seems they were never really great friends to start with.

I am sure there was alot more to the story then you see, but i guess only people that knew them and experience it will truly know the full story.

Comment

I am finally able to see it! it's on vh1 classic right now, recording it on my dvr. Interesting thus far!

he died by way of a lethal injection of heroin? Man! never knew that. everyone always said it was complications from AIDS.

you learn something new every day.

it was sad how they totally blew the guy off....that was NOT cool at all.
            Last edited by JZ06; 05-30-2006, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X