Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Dokken live vid. Don on lead guitar?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Dokken live vid. Don on lead guitar?!

I was cruising around youtube and found this. At first, I thought Don had a guitar just as a prop, but the guy actually plays... and gives George a run for his money! Makes me wonder if Don played on the records...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2zUN...&search=dokken

Actually, it is a toss up (the audio is kinda bad however). Maybe Don needs to start a guitar dojo too!

Here;s another where George struts his stuff! Looks like he's using an old school trem on there... no Floyd... In 1987?! Sounds like it held tune pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yijws...&search=dokken

Comment

Is it my imagination or does Don Dokken sod off behind the stacks and play rhythm guitar during the solo in the second vid?
      Model 3
      Model 5A
      Model 3B
      Journeyman
      Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

that second one sounds like ass....
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I think Don actually played quite a bit of rhythm guitar...and obviously LEAD on this stuff! Wow.

Where is his Charvel star?

Note the Charvel bass..and the CBS headstock rosewood board on the tiger. Interesting.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Make sure you check out the second post. The sound quality isn't the best, but George rips it up pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveK
              Is it my imagination or does Don Dokken sod off behind the stacks and play rhythm guitar during the solo in the second vid?
              No, that's Jeff Pilson thrashing his bass.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. Very cool to see the old school Dokken with Juan on bass.

Comment

Yeah - that was the first thing that struck me about the Beat Club performance - Juan Croucier of Ratt. Further evidence of how early that show is.

Comment

Very cool. Thanks for posting that!

Comment

excellent, thanks! -
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Wow... thats pretty old early Dokken stuff. Must been the first time they've been over here in Germany...

Do you guys know that Dokken(Lynch/Brown/Pilson) did a record together with Udo Lindenberg.. dont know if you know him at all over there... he is pretty famous in Germany.. the album is/was called "Keule"!!!

Cheers AlTheHell
                        Stay fuckin metal.... for life!!! ALEX

www.myspace.com/alekshitz

Comment

No, Dokken started out in Germany, they were playing there from 1978!
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

George Lynch and Mick Browns were involved with the following songs: Urmensch, Zwischen Rhein und Aufruhr, Gesetz, Ratten.

I wish i could hear those tracks. Thanks for the reminder, AlTheHell
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Lightnong, strikes agon!

I dig Lynch, (one of the biggest reasons I started playing guitar) but I used to, and still do judge a band by their live performance. If you cant play it at least almost as good as your album, ya needa practice that shiz more.
                              www.myspace.com/madeaband
                              www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Working...
                              X