Jorn Lande leaving Masterplan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jorn Lande leaving Masterplan....

Not sure how many people care about Masterplan here but DAMN!
    This sucks HUGE and I love the band so much.. probably one of the best bands in 5 years...

http://www.master-plan.net/news/news.html

Here is the link...

Comment

i love jorn land singing (especially ark , beyond the ...) but masterplan most important project or band for him i think ..
      i hope another singer (as well as jorn lande) join the band
      Last edited by UmUt; 05-14-2006, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I think they are great but his solo stuff is my favorite anyway.I do hope they replace him with someone good (but they will not be AS good)

Comment

Jorn's solo stuff is great.
          It is more melodic but I never like the production(sound) of these solo albums.
          I dig the playing of guitar and keyboard of Masterplan a lot better and the songs rule big time.

Comment

Bill is right.Jorne would be great in Van Halen............................
            Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Timmy
              Bill is right.Jorne would be great in Van Halen............................
              I can't think of a more worthy person to give CPR to that camp..

It would be great to see Jorne join Ed and co..and at least end on a good note..

I emailed VH approx 7 years ago ...I dropped his name and his projects MANY times..wishful thinking on my part

BTW ..I LOVE MASTERPLAN..I was just watching the "Enlighten me' video..

I have all the Jorne Lande's projects...I'm a HUGE fane.

I just heard Dave is back with VH..I heard he trashed his radio studio set and went back..I don't think that will save anything to be honest...Jorne would be a breathe of fresh air..and is one of the best Rock/Metal singers alive today...IMO
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Argh!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Oh man, that really sucks.

That said, I prefer Masterplan to Jorn's solo material and wouldn't have wanted to hear them go softer and more melodic like he wanted to do.

BTW, I really can't imagine Jorn in VH. Not because he's not good enough a singer, but actually because he's TOO good a singer for them. Would he really be willing to put up with EVH's bullshit? Doubtful.

Bill, where did you hear that about Dave returning to VH? Given Eddie's current state, I have a hard time believing that there will ever be more VH activity.

Comment

Jorn's a great vocalist but I've got cds with him singing from so many bands it's pretty obvious the guy's a pain in the ass. Masterplan was amazing but I prefered Ark.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenScratch
                      Jorn's a great vocalist but I've got cds with him singing from so many bands it's pretty obvious the guy's a pain in the ass. Masterplan was amazing but I prefered Ark.
                      I thought Ark was great too, but haven't been able to track down the CD yet. Still looking. Tore Otsby is a great player.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

It may just be rumor..but Dave got canned and trashed the radio studio and made a statement that he was going back to VH..that's all I heard.

Jorne is a vocal God..

I have all his stuff..I can't say that Masterplan is my favorite..but it is great!

from start to finish..

I have

Vagabond ..w/ Jorne and TNT's Ronnie Le Tekro
                        Millenium.. w/ Ralph Santolla
                        Beyond Twilight.."the devils hall of fame"..awesome!
                        Company of Snakes..like classic whitesnkake
                        Mundunus Imperium...The spectrals spheres coronation
                        Ark..both discs..awesome!
                        Masterplan..both discs
                        Lande/Allen..The battle..Russell Allen and Jorne Lande
                        Jorne Lande..solo..of all 4 my fave is "worldchanger".

Then Jorne guests on a whole bunch of shit ..like Ayreon, Nostradamus and shit I can't even think of right now..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

There are several Masterplan bootlegs on internet you should download.
                          I was able to get 3 out of 5 and these are live from Argentina,Sweden and Germany and all from the first world tour.

Comment

"Tore Otsby is a great player."

Fuck yeah G, one of my faves..

Gary get the Conception stuff, there's four discs all together..with Khan of Kamelot on vocals..it's VERY good!

Their last "flow' is a bit of a departure, but still very good no doubt.

Comment

went looking for the Conception stuff today. No luck.

But wouldn't you know it? JB were clearing out a whole bunch of metal today. Picked up Ark - Burn The Sun for half price!!! Fuck yea!~

I've never even seen it in there before, until today when I found it on the discount table. I am soooo stoked.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X