Eric Johson - Are You Experienced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Johson - Are You Experienced?

Holy crap, is all I can say. I don't remember this performance from the ACL episode it apparently came from.

This is the best version of Experienced I have ever heard. The solo is...

He nails Jimi's backwards parts and his tone is unreal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaeT9...eric%20johnson
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Originally posted by Jimmy B
    Holy crap, is all I can say. I don't remember this performance from the ACL episode it apparently came from.

This is the best version of Experienced I have ever heard. The solo is...

He nails Jimi's backwards parts and his tone is unreal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaeT9...eric%20johnson
    I saw him do it live...along with 3rd Stone From the Sun...I was 4 feet away in a bar that is about as big as a good sized living room....there was no stage riser, he was standing right in front of me the entire time. I think I actually scared EJ, because I had this maniac's grin on my face the entire time and I kept pointing at him and shaking my head.

If you haven't had a chance to see him and he comes around, do yourself a favor and GO.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

that was way Sweet.

he's one amazing guy, that Eric Johnson.

Comment

That was kick ass!
        -Rick

Comment

Eric Johnson IMO is the greatest example of "tone is in the hands".

Awesome stuff! Thanks for posting that!

Comment

fuck yeah, that is killer. the guy has such a great feel and control of his gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Big D
              fuck yeah, that is killer. the guy has such a great feel and control of his gear.
              Exactly! I read some of the comments on youtube & some of them are so idiotic, especially the guy who said "...his feedback just made me laugh... Hendrix seemed to grasp it from the air, EJ just stood in front of the amp and bent down... LOL. " What a fucking dumbass!

Comment

That was great. He plays 3/4 of it like Hendrix, then the last minute he adds his own style. Good stuff!
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Very nice. I've only recently got into EJ and a few other contemp. blues players. Thanks for the link.
                  My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I just started paying attention to him too. I can't believe what I've been missing out on for years. I just saw him play a few weeks ago in Austin with Joe Satriani. I couldn't believe how awesome he is.
                    E = Fb

Comment

Here is a complete version of that: (Jimmy B's link is missing about a minute)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0QSa8eT70c

Originally posted by Axe Chemist
                      I just started paying attention to him too. I can't believe what I've been missing out on for years.
                      No shit. That just blew me away.

Comment

Eric's records are great...but his live show is unreal. He is not very animated....ok he is a robot, but his tone in unreal.

I have been seeing Eric since 1988 and I have seen him at least 10 times.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                        X