Neil Young, "Living With War"......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Young, "Living With War"......

I don't think I have ever purchased a Neil Young record...although I do like alot of his music. I ripped a co-worker's copy of his new record, "Living With War" and I must admit that I really like it. A good old fashioned protest record...hell, it is practically subversive.

Anyway, I recommend it to anyone who digs Neil.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Neil Young is awesome. Pick up Harvest if for nothing more than Heart of Gold. I have a cassette tape I bought for a few bucks somewhere and I listen to it in the car all the time. It makes me want to buy an old Martin and grow my hair long again!

Comment

I have the CSN&Y box set that has all the old classics. I always dug their singing. The newer Neil Young stuff has really done nothing for me.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
        Neil Young is awesome. Pick up Harvest if for nothing more than Heart of Gold. I have a cassette tape I bought for a few bucks somewhere and I listen to it in the car all the time. It makes me want to buy an old Martin and grow my hair long again!
        Well, I have never owned a Neil Young record...but I have heard a good deal of his music. I would say that I am a fan....I really dig this record, though, it is great.

Mike

Comment

Neil Young? Nah, not for me dudes. I can't stand his "voice" and I am really tired of Canadians voicing their opinions on american politics.

If he wants to bitch about something, how's about writing a two chorder that blasts the fuckin' loonie? I want paper money in my pocket - these stupid coins have had their day.
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B
            Neil Young? Nah, not for me dudes. I can't stand his "voice" and I am really tired of Canadians voicing their opinions on american politics.

If he wants to bitch about something, how's about writing a two chorder that blasts the fuckin' loonie? I want paper money in my pocket - these stupid coins have had their day.
            Dude, the album is fucking hilarious...it also points its finger at general consumerism and not just American politics....his voice can be a bit grating, but the album is a classic, really.

Of course, the song "Let's Impeach the President" is a hoot...and has 3 chords!!

I am sure it will also piss alot of people off, which is also good.

Mike

Comment

Mike, next time I'm down at hippietim's place I'll be sure to have him give this cd a spin for me. I'm sure we'll be jumping out of our Birkenstock's with glee.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B
                Mike, next time I'm down at hippietim's place I'll be sure to have him give this cd a spin for me. I'm sure we'll be jumping out of our Birkenstock's with glee.
                :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Mike

Comment

I actually like his lead playing. He's sloppy and very basic but he plays with alot of passion.

Comment

Working...
                  X