suggestions for CD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions for CD's

hey guys. I want to listen to some new players and expand my music listening horizons. So please suggest anything that has fantastic guitar playing thanks
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

any particular style? Who are you currently listening to, so we don't bombard you with a bunch of players/bands that you are already aware of.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
      any particular style? Who are you currently listening to, so we don't bombard you with a bunch of players/bands that you are already aware of.
      Yeah..tell him G!

Das Rite..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yep, give us a starting point. Please

Comment

air supply rips it up!!! they have the BADDEST guitarist EVER!!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD
            air supply rips it up!!! they have the BADDEST guitarist EVER!!!
            Dude! I think Savage Garden really picked up the ball from Air Supply & ran with it.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

The White Stripes.

Comment

Try to catch the Roy Clark appearance on that old Odd Couple episode. He played 2 songs at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by pagemalicious
                  hey guys. I want to listen to some new players and expand my music listening horizons. So please suggest anything that has fantastic guitar playing thanks
                  Pick up City Of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold. Great playing on that CD.

Comment

Try Tony Smotherman
                    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Sinergy has some awesome guitar playing
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

if you like metal and want to hear som interesting stuff added to it check out kamelot. any of their cds from the 4th legacy on are good. they add a lot of world music elements to their stuff. the guitar playing is very tasteful and compliments the songs.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever
                          Sinergy has some awesome guitar playing
                          Yes, indeed! I like Alexi's guitar work on that better than Children of Bodom... not to mention Kimberly actually can sing.

Everygrey is an awesome band to check out, too!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Anything by Chet Atkins or Carl Perkins

Comment

Michael Harris Transfusion; Darkology; Arch Rival.
                              Michael was my teacher, briefly and I gotta gotta spread the word...virtuoso.
                              "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Working...
                              X