Remember Steve Lynch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember Steve Lynch?

I was surfing around youtube and found this. I was never a big Autograph fan, but some of those tapping runs he performs are nuts! Of course, he's using his "vital sign" Jackson strat. Pretty cool!

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...=search_videos

Autograph had a few good songs, but Steve was a cool player!

Comment

Never liked Autograph that much (except a few songs); but I remember that Steve Lynch was the very first one i recognized using all the four fingers of the right hand to tap... outstanding... His taps are awesome.... Why doesn't he use his thumb to tap ...I tried to do that when i first saw this technique but i have to confess: I FAILED... ... there've been way to many knots in my fingers after rehearsing...:ROTF:
      Stay fuckin metal.... for life!!! ALEX

www.myspace.com/alekshitz

Comment

That was cool! Thanks for sharing. IMO Steve Lynch was very under rated. He didn't get the attention he deserved.

Comment

Alot of the 80's hair bands had talented musicians in them, not only from a guitar playing perspective. It trips me out that alot of people bust on them. Most of the time, I would take a poppy song that rocks over just about anything else.

I wonder what Lynch is doing now. If he's not playing anymore, that would be quite a waste of talent.

Comment

Turn Up the Radio is one of my all time faves from the "hair metal" days!

Great player!

Comment

Listen closely to hammerhead. That is note for note and the cd or tape playing in the background.

Turn up the radio is one of my favorite solos/leads to this very day! I'll have to figure out more of it(I know a few parts) some time.

Comment

http://stevelynch.info/auto.asp?Sec=media&Val=0

Try this link.
                Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

guy was amazing!
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Steve Lynch was a killer player.

Comment

Heh I was thinking of Steven Lynch.
                      |My CSG gallery|
                      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Woohoo!

Comment

I've had the good fortune to meet Steve a few times, when he taught at my friends' store in Seattle in the late '90's. Steve ended up buying my old red PRS CE-24. You can see it in the "recent pics" section of his website.

And I agree that he was under-rated. On top of his musicality, he's also a really funny guy and quite humble.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

He teaches here in Federal Way, My buddy took lessons from him for 2 years, and I met him Awsome guy and a hell of a player
                            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
                            X