Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know what kind of amps quo vadis uses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know what kind of amps quo vadis uses?

I really like the tone on their new dvd and their tone in general. Anyone know what kind of amps they are using?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson
    I really like the tone on their new dvd and their tone in general. Anyone know what kind of amps they are using?
    BOSS GT-6, 4 cable method into 5150's. Distortion of the 5150, cleans / effects of the GT-6.

And it sounds fucking awesome in person.. I drove a couple hours up to Canada last year to catch one of their shows with a friend of mine. Probably one of the best shows I've seen.

Comment

one of the guitarists is a member here ,,,i cant remember his screen name though,,,maybe he will chime in.
      MOSH ON
      DAVE
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ
        one of the guitarists is a member here ,,,i cant remember his screen name though,,,maybe he will chime in.
        MOSH ON
        DAVE
        The guitar player, Bart. His screen name is VomiT.
        http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47851
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
          The guitar player, Bart. His screen name is VomiT.
          http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47851
          thats right,,,thanks Joe
          MOSH ON
          DAVE
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

ya... he has not been here for a while. I pm'd him about his gear and he has not gotten back to me. I am sure he is busy with QV stuff..
            Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
            The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I'm not much of a death metal guy but Quo Vadis are a great band. I saw them twice last year and they were incredible.
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

They are out of this fucking world!!!! Hail Quo Vadis!!!!!!!!!
                I love admins!

Comment

hey, OK this response is about a year late but someone here posted a good description. Until recently I used 5150, 4 cable method into a GT-6 and a 4x12 V75 Cab - I also used an expandora pedal with the 5150 on arround 75% on the green channel. The expandora gave me sustain and attack with a very clean tone. The sound you hear on the DVD is that precise setup.

As of recently I officialy switched to using ENGL Invader/ENGL v30 4x12 cab - still going through the GT-6 for effects.

I'm working out my setup for the next record and my solo material I'm also thinking of picking up a few guitars, for now I've been using a SL2H for the last 5 years, solid guitar.
                  www.quovadis.qc.ca
                  www.bartfrydrychowicz.com

Comment

Originally posted by VomiT View Post
                    hey, OK this response is about a year late but someone here posted a good description. Until recently I used 5150, 4 cable method into a GT-6 and a 4x12 V75 Cab - I also used an expandora pedal with the 5150 on arround 75% on the green channel. The expandora gave me sustain and attack with a very clean tone. The sound you hear on the DVD is that precise setup.

As of recently I officialy switched to using ENGL Invader/ENGL v30 4x12 cab - still going through the GT-6 for effects.

I'm working out my setup for the next record and my solo material I'm also thinking of picking up a few guitars, for now I've been using a SL2H for the last 5 years, solid guitar.
                    Mmm, your live tone is indeed one of the best I've heard. Saw you guys last time you came though Hali with Augury supporting you. Your, and Martyr's shows have been the tightest, and most insane I've ever been to.

Anyone on this forum who hasn't heard QV, is missing out for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X