Poison on Leno with GMP V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison on Leno with GMP V

They were on last night, playing an older song which I didn't care for when it was played ad nausem back in the day, but they did sound good...or as much they could with that song!

But the coolest thing was CC playing a GMP V, with a sparkly flame paint job. Oddly, it had a Floyd, unlike almost all GMPs. I wonder how many people were wondering what kind of guitar it was!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Originally posted by MetalMedal II
    They were on last night, playing an older song which I didn't care for when it was played ad nausem back in the day, but they did sound good...or as much they could with that song!

But the coolest thing was CC playing a GMP V, with a sparkly flame paint job. Oddly, it had a Floyd, unlike almost all GMPs. I wonder how many people were wondering what kind of guitar it was!
    Everytime i see him latley he plays that guitar, it is what he used on story tellers. I did not like his tone at all, those crates sounded like crap and very tinker toyish, solid stateish. I did record them last night, i do like watching CC play, he impressed me everytime i see him, a much better player live then on the albums.

Comment

The last few times I've seen CC play (on tv) he had a GMP with a Floyd. Didn't he have a Pawnshop with a Floyd on the Surreal Life? And I remember seeing them play on some fan concert on VH1 Classic with that sparkle flame V.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I've seen a few pics of him with different GMP's.

The one he used with Samatha 7 is now mine, thanks to JR

Comment

yeah, he also has a flames graphicked Pawnshop Deluxe with a Floyd.

That and his current flames V with the Nascar 3 sticker have been ones he's been using a lot as his main guitars.

and i think he has a few iirc, white Vs with floyds he used in S7.

and Gosh, how i feel the need for one of those...

blah.
            Last edited by Seventh Avenged; 06-11-2006, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Pyro on Leno!

AWESOME!

Thats a great looking GMP CC is playing. Big fan of those now!

Your's aint too bad either Pebber!!

I kinda like mine too....

Last edited by JRE; 06-11-2006, 08:09 PM.
              Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
              Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

The bass sounded excellent! CC is unique, just a bunch of a squeeling
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

God help me, I love Poison, always have...
                  Ol' CC overplays that song even more than the covers band that I was in used to!

Comment

That V kicks @ss.

Comment

wow. that was good. i usewd to hate poison, but man they do sound good...
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah, that sounded much better than I expected it to.....CC overplayed better than usual as well - less dud notes, but he'd be screwed without a Floyd!
                        Popular is not the same as good
                        Rare is not the same as valuable
                        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by pebber
                          I've seen a few pics of him with different GMP's.

The one he used with Samatha 7 is now mine, thanks to JR
                          Did you by chance check to see if it still had the stock Custom Custom / '59 pickups or if he swapped them out for others?
                          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne
                            Did you by chance check to see if it still had the stock Custom Custom / '59 pickups or if he swapped them out for others?
                            good question.. the bridge pup was changed (live pic -> zebra, actual pic -> black), I think it's still a SD but I'm not sure.. I'll check it

Last edited by pebber; 06-12-2006, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JRE
                              maybe not a GMP, but a cool historical piece you have there JR!

Comment

Working...
                              X