Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Jake E. Lee Solo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU3MPLNw3Dc

What's up with the thumb on the neck thing, is that for wide stretches? Somebody tab that part out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

I can't watch the video right now (damn work -lol), but I know what you're talking about with the thumb. He said that he used to be roomates with Warren DeMartini and Warren could do these huge streches so Jake just came up with the thumb-thing as a work-around.
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

INSANE!

Purely Eighties.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Very cool, Jake was right though, that guitar sounds like crap.
        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x
          Jakes sound was way to compressed sounding but more on the ultimate sin tour than batm.. I much preferred the raw tone he had in badlands .
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

in a recent interview (i think the one where he disses his last batch of charvel guitars) he talks about how he uses his thumb to fret some chords and how this was always a source of amusement for dimartini (when they were living together).
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Good vid. I remember Mustaine doing the thumb in front thing a bunch of years ago, I think maybe it was the last tour with Marty Friedman.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Great stuff, and I must admit I think I prefer Jake's lead playing to Zakk's. I prefer the music from the first 2 CDs Ozzy did with Zakk, but Jake's lead playing was spot-on to my ears!
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

man this solo kicks ass!

Comment

Great player, I like his Badlands tone also. Ultimate Sin was my favorite, good metal tone.
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon
                      in a recent interview (i think the one where he disses his last batch of charvel guitars) he talks about how he uses his thumb to fret some chords and how this was always a source of amusement for dimartini (when they were living together).
                      Yeah, Jake said he's got smaller hands and he used to fret with his thumb so he could stretch/slide farther with his other fingers.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II
                        Good vid. I remember Mustaine doing the thumb in front thing a bunch of years ago, I think maybe it was the last tour with Marty Friedman.
                        If I remember correctly, wasn't he doing it for the extended She Wolf solo jam?

Comment

OMG, they should have his picture in the dictionairy next to the word "rock star"...

that was awesome!

Comment

Great player, I like his Badlands tone also. Ultimate Sin was my favorite, good metal tone.
                            see to me bandlands was more of a rock band. Here is some bandland clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSR2c...jake%20e%20lee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS6y1...jake%20e%20lee

Comment

that was his favorite charvelized fender. not the guitars he was referring to. i like the batm super processed sound way better than the one on the ultimage sin, but i guess that's just me.

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X